Lunch usually ends up being an odd combination of leftovers for me. I have never- not once- made the exact right amount of food for me and my partner. Sometimes I get close and have but a bit of a couple things leftover. And eating those is a responsibility that rests solely with me. Which I usually don’t mind. But sometimes, I don’t want leftovers. But I always want lunch to be fast to make. So I make something like these 10- Minute Hummus + Veggie Wraps.
These wraps are so tasty, mostly thanks to the Spicy Jalapeño Edamame Hummus. But you can any sub store-bought hummus if thats what you have on hand. The creaminess of the hummus with the crisp veggies is just a killer combo.
I used Ezekiel Food for Life Tortillas for my wraps. I found them on sale and thought I’d try them out. The verdict: They are pretty good. I wont buy them regularly. They are quite expensive. They are also a bit more prone to breaking than a standard wrap. But I love the flavor of them!
For the veggies, you can use whatever you like or whatever you have on hand. I chose these specific veggies for a variety of color and texture. If you are packing these wraps the night before work or school, I have a trick to stop them from getting soggy! Be sure to lay a couple of lettuce leave on top of the tortillas like you see pictured and but the hummus on top of the lettuce leaves. The lettuce will create a barrier between the tortilla and hummus and ensure a sog-free wrap experience.
These 10 Minute Hummus + Veggie Wraps are delicious, healthy and portable. Pack them up for work, school, the beach or for a hike!
10 Minute Hummus + Veggie Wraps
- 2 8"-10" Wraps of choice I used Ezekiel sprouted grain wraps
- 4 Lettuce leaves
- 1/2 Cup Spicy Jalapeño Edamame Hummus or store bought hummus
- 1/4 Medium English Cucumber, Sliced
- 1/4 Medium Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Green Onion, Sliced
- 2 Meduim Radished, thinly sliced
- 6 Medium Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced
- Lay tortillas out onto a flat surface. Lay the 2 lettuce leaves on top of each tortilla so that the overlap a bit.
- On top of the lettuce leaves, spread 1/4 cup of hummus onto each wrap. Then add all the veggies you like on top of the hummus.
- Roll them up and eat immediately or wrap and take to work, school, to the beach or on a hike!
Let me know how you liked this recipe!