Tacos don’t just happen on Tuesdays in my house. Its at least a 2x per week meal. They’re are so many possibilities for taco fillings. I can whip a quick filling up even if my fridge is pretty bare. Today I have our current favorite. A delicious + flavorful taco filling that will be on your table in 20 minutes. Sweet Potato + Broccoli Tacos!
Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite foods. I love adding spices to them because their sweetness balances it out really will. And broccoli is a vegetable that I always have on hand. Its cheap, accessible and best of all, I can get my husband to eat it. He loves these tacos, so its safe to say this recipe is kid friendly. Hi, Mike!
In order to keep this recipe under 20 minutes (I actually made it in 15 WHILE taking photos) chop ingredients while other ingredients are cooking. For example, chop the sweet potato and toss it in the pan. While that’s cooking, chop the onion. Once the onion is in the pan, chop the bell pepper and broccoli. Easy peasy, and a time saver.
I served this taco filling on corn tortillas. To heat them up, I put them directly on the burner of my gas stove to get nice charred edges. Add a few slices of radish and salsa and you’ve got a fancy AF 20 minute taco. But, feel free to add whatever toppings you desire: like guac + your favorite store bought salsa.
So, top them how you want, but make sure you add this recipe into your weekly rotation. This is a taco filling your whole family will be stoked to eat.
20 Minute Sweet Potato + Broccoli Tacos
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 Large Sweet Potato peeled, small dice
- 1/2 Medium Onion small dice
- 1 Head Broccoli chopped small, about 3 cups
- 1/2 Bell Pepper small dice
- 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 8 Corn Tortillas Warmed
- Additional Toppings radish slices, salsa, avocado, guac, etc.
- Into a large skilled over medium heat, add oil and sweet potato. Toss to coat the sweet potato in oil, cover and cook shaking the pan once half way through for even browning. Cook 3 minutes.
- While the sweet poatato is cooking, chop onion and add to the sweet potato after the 3 minutes are up. Toss to distribute, cover and cook for 5-6 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile chop the bell pepper and broccoli. After the 5-6 minutes are up, add bell pepper, broccoli, taco seasoning and water to the pan, todd to coat everything in the taco seasoning. Cover and let cook for 3 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat, build your tacos and enjoy!
Let me know how this recipe worked for you and if there is anything you’d like to see me make next!