Have you ever had a Fattoush Salad? Its basically the best salad out there. Its a bed of greens topped with tomatoes, cucumber, olives, bell pepper, kalamata olives, herbs and crushed up pita chips lightly dressed with a simple garlicky lemon vinaigrette. The flavors are so fresh and vibrant and you get the best crunch from the pita chips which towards the end really soak up the dressing and become so flavorful.
This bruschetta is inspired by that salad. I just gave the lettuce the ax, kept all the good stuff and swapped pita chips for crostini. This would be the perfect thing to make into small finger food size appetizers for a party, or I also like to take this mixture and make Fattoush salad by putting it on a bed of greens then adding some chickpeas and crispy toasted pita for staying power.
- 1 1/2 Cups Grape Tomatoes halved
- 1 Cup Cucumber Medium Dice
- 1/4 Cup Bell Pepper Medium Dice
- 2 Tbsp Onion
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Kalamata Olives
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to Taste
- For the Crostini:
- 4-8 Slices of Bread
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and gently toss together until everything is coated in the lemon juice and olive oil.
- If making crostini: Preheat your Broiler.
- Brush slices of bread with olive oil on both sides and sprinkle th bread with salt and pepper. Broil both sides of the bread unlike brown- about 3-5 minutes. When the crostini comes out of the oven and is still warm, rub the clove of garlic on one side of the toast. Top with the Bruschetta and enjoy!
Let me know how you liked this recipe and if there is anything else you want to see me make!