We eat a lot of granola in my house. Normally, I make a double batch of my Peanut Butter Chia Granola recipe every other week. My husband loves it so much that whenever I’m getting ready to make it I ask if he wants to try something new and he always says no. So, this time I just made something new anyway. We’ve been in our peanut butter granola rut for well over a year and its time to take matters into my own hands.
This granola is light, sweet, crisp and totally customizable. I chose coconut flakes and pepitas, but choose any 2 add ins that you like. Any nut or seed will work here. The great granola rut is a thing of the past.
As with all granola, use rolled oats here. No quick oats. When spreading out onto a pan, gently press the mixture down with the back of a spatula. This will encourage larger clusters.
I like this granola with paired with plant based yogurt, cereal or to top a bowl of oats with. But I have also been known to simply eat it by the handful.
Vanilla Coconut Granola
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats
- 2 Cups Crisp Rice Cereal
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Pepitas
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Agave Nectar
- 1/3 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, crisp rice, coconut, pepitas, cinnamon and salt. Add agave, coconut oil and vanilla and stir well until everything is well coated.
- Spread onto a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, stir and press the granola back down with the back of a spatula and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the granola is golden brown all the way across.
- Cool completely and transfer to a container. Store at room temperature for up to 1 month.
Let me know how this recipe worked for you and if there is anything you’d like to see me make next!