You guys. I'm so bad at buying bananas in the summertime. Its like they ripen 5 times after than they do in the winter and I never adjust the amount I buy. So, I end up freezing a few every week. I will never learn.
The one good thing about having too many bananas I have to come up with recipes to use them. I can only make my Coconut Cacao Banana Bread Recipe so many times.
So, today I made a make ahead breakfast. I have a busy week coming up with appointments, work and traveling and its so nice to have breakfast done for the week.
Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal is filled with nourishing ingredients that keeps you full and give you energy to take on busy days.
It's loaded with fiber, healthy fats, plant protein from oats and soy milk, and fruit. Its a balanced breakfast in a to go form.
I cut a 9x9 pan of these Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal into 9 squares. I usually eat 2 squares for breakfast. Simply pop them in the microwave for a minute and they're good to go!
Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
- 3 Medium Very Ripe Bananas mashed (about 1 ⅓ Cups)
- 1 ¼ Cups Plant Milk of Choice I used Wesy Soy Unsweetened Vanilla
- ⅓ Cup Peanut Butter I used Smuckers Natural Creamy PB
- 2-4 tablespoon Agave Nectar See Note
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 ½ Cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats Not quick oats!
- 1 Tbsp Ground Flax
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¾ tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Allspice
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Spray a 9x9 pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Its okay if some lumps remain. To the mashed banana, add soymilk, peanut butter, pant milk, agave and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Into the banana mixture, add oats, flax, baking powder, salt and spices. Mix to combine. Add Frozen blueberries and stir to distribute.
- Bake in a 350*F oven for 40-45 minutes. The top should be nicely brown all the way across.
- Let cool completely, then slice into 9 squares. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. When you are ready to eat one, just pop it in the microwave for about a minute and enjoy!
- These also freeze well!
Let me know how you liked this recipe and if there is anything you'd like to see me make next!