Sweet potatoes are a staple in my house. I always have a bunch of them on hand. They are versatile, cheap and can be stored for quite a while. And, since the weather has cooled down in Boston, I’ve been using my oven more. And with that comes the return of all the roasted veggies. Namely, The BEST Roasted Sweet Potatoes.
As there namesake suggests, these roasted sweet potatoes really are the BEST. They are a notch above your average roasted sweet potato, but the flavor is mild enough that they complement anything you serve them with.
Truth be told, this isn’t my recipe. Its my husbands. He made these for me years ago, and we never stopped making them. They are SO good added to salads, nourish bowls or as a side dish. Double this recipe for meal prep purposes or if you have a big family!
I use fresh nutmeg here and grate it with a microplane. It’s more flavorful than the pre-ground kind, but ground nutmeg works in a pinch! Also, don’t swap garlic powder for the minced fresh garlic here. I use garlic powder often, but the flavor is a bit different than fresh garlic. Plus, your cutting board and knife are already out from chopping the sweet potatoes.
The BEST Roasted Sweet Potatoes are only 6 ingredients and a few minutes of prep time away!
The BEST Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Medium Sweet Potatoes, Peeled and Diced About 6 Cups of Diced Potato
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Small Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg- Freshly grated if you have it!
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt (1/4 tsp if using iodized salt)
- Preheat oven to 425*F
- Put all ingredients onto a baking tray and toss together with your hands to evenly distribute the spices.
- Bake in a 425* oven for 45 minutes, stopping toss the potatoes a couple times to make sure they brown evenly.
Let me know how you likes this recipe and if there is anything you’d like to see me make next!