This Cucumber Mango Avocado Salad is a delicious side dish or topping to any grain bowl, tacos or burritos! Its easy to make and requires just minutes of prep time.Jump to Recipe
This salad is one of my favorite ways to use mangoes. I love to eat this salad on its own or add it into grain bowls, on top of a green salad or even use it as a topping for tacos and burritos. But, any way you serve it, you're going to love this recipe.
To make this Cucumber Mango Avocado Salad, here is what you will need:
Cucumber: I recommend and english cucumber because they have smaller seeds.
Mango: My top mango pick is an Ataulfo mango.
Red Bell Pepper: Half of a red bell pepper for extra crunch.
Scallions: For a mild onion component.
Jalapeño: For a little heat. Adjust the amount based on spicy preference.
Cilantro: I love the flavor of cilantro, but if you don't just leave it out!
Avocado: A whole ripe avocado, here.
Lime Juice: Lime Juice is the acid in our vinnaigrette.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: to dress the salad.
Salt and Pepper: To season.
This salad recipe is SO simple.
First, dice and slice all of the ingredients.
Then, add the cucumber, mango, bell pepper, scallion, jalapeño and cilantro into a large bowl and toss to combine.
Next, add the avocado, lime juice, olive oil and salt and pepper and toss once more.
Its that easy.
How to Peel A Mango
The most challenging part of this Cucumber Mango Avocado Salad is peeling and dicing the mango. Here's how to do it:
To peel the mango:
First, cut the cheeks away from the large center pit.
Next, use a spoon to scoop the mango out of the skin. It should come away in one big chunk.
Then, dice as normal!
With the mango attached to the seed, first remove any peel using a paring knife, then cut the mango away from the seed and dice.
What Variety of Mango
My recommendation for this Cucumber Mango Avocado Salad is an Ataulfo Mango which are sometimes listed as honey mangoes or champagne mangos in the grocery store.
They are on the small side and a ripe Ataulfo Mango is completely yellow.
Here is an article with more about mango varieties.
If you don't like cilantro, leave it out of this Cucumber Mango Avocado Salad and it will still be delicious!
Transfer the salad to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
I don't recommend freezing this recipe.
Looking For More Easy Recipes?
Cilantro Lime Red Cabbage Slaw
Vegan Cobb Salad by: The Simple Veganista
Cucumber Mango Avocado Salad
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Chefs Knife
- 1 Large Spoon
- ½ Large English Cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 Medium Ataulfo Mango, peeled and diced
- ½ Medium Red Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Large Scallions, finely sliced
- ½ Medium Jalapeño, seeded and minced
- ⅓ Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Medium Avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt ⅛th teaspoon if using table salt
- Black Pepper to Taste
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, mango, red bell pepper, scallions, jalapeño, and cilantro. Toss to combine.½ Large English Cucumber, seeded and diced, 1 Medium Ataulfo Mango, peeled and diced, ½ Medium Red Bell Pepper, seeded and diced, 2 Large Scallions, finely sliced, ½ Medium Jalapeño, seeded and minced, ⅓ Cup Cilantro, chopped
- Add the avocado, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and toss once more to combine.1 Medium Avocado, diced, 2 tablespoon Lime Juice, 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt, Black Pepper to Taste
- Serve immediately or wrap and place in the refrigerator.