This Vegan Strawberry and Cream Cupcake recipe is easy to make and the cupcakes are moist, tender and full of real strawberry flavor!
These Strawberry and Cream Cupcakes are the perfect Spring or Summer Dessert. The cupcakes are easy to make and have BIG strawberry flavor and the whipped cream frosting is light, fluffy and quick to make. The ultimate crowd pleaser!
Strawberry recipes are my favorite for the Spring and Summer. I live making a quick Vegan Strawberry Peach Galette for a get-together or some Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies for and afternoon treat.
And now, I can make these Vegan Strawberry and Cream Cupcakes for any summertime celebration and so can you!
Flour: Regular all purpose flour, here. I alway use King Arthur brand.
Baking Powder: For leavening.
Salt: For balance.
Non-Dairy Milk: I used oat milk, but any non-dairy milk will work.
Granulated Sugar: For sweetness, moisture and structure.
Lemon Juice: To bring out the berry flavor.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla give a nice background flavor.
Freeze Dried Strawberries: Freeze dried strawberries are where the strawberry flavor comes from in this Vegan Strawberry and Cream Cupcake recipe.
Beet Powder: This is optional and just for a little color boost.
These cupcakes are super simple to make. Here is how:
First, combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
Then, combine the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
Next, add the crushed freeze dried strawberries into the wet ingredients, followed by the beet powder, if you are using it.
Now, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk to form the batter.
Then, portion the batter into the cupcake tins and bake!
Finally, top them with vegan whipped cream and strawberries.
Vegan Whipping Cream
The frosting for these Vegan Strawberry and Cream Cupcakes is a quick and simple vegan whipped cream. My top favorite Vegan whipping cream brands are:
Both products are great. But, I think Silk has the edge over Country Crock. But use what you can find!
You can skip the beet powder if you wish. I wanted a little bit of a color boost.
I used this beet powder by Dry Box.
Beet powders smell like beets, but you will not taste beets in the final cupcakes.
Freeze Dried Strawberries
The strawberry flavor in these Vegan Strawberry and Cream cupcakes comes from freeze dried strawberries.
I am able to find them in my regular grocery store, Target, Trader Joes and Whole Foods.
They always come in a 1.2 ounce pack, so I used a whole pouch in this recipe.
Top Recipe Tip
Be sure to crush the freeze dried strawberries up really well. I have tried two ways that both work:
Blend or food process the strawberries.
Or, let the air out of the pouch and roll over it with a rolling pin until the strawberries are well crushed.
These once frosted, store these cupcakes in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Looking for More Strawberry Recipes?
Easy Vegan Strawberry Tart by: Plant Based School
Vegan Strawberry and Cream Cupcakes
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Cupcake Tin
- 12 Cupcake Liners
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 Hand or Stand Mixer for the whipped cream
- 1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Canola Oil
- 2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ Cups Freeze Dried Strawberries, well crushed with a rolling pin or blender this is an entire 1.2 oz package
- ¼ teaspoon Beet Powder optional- just for color
For the Whipped Cream
- 2 Cups Vegan Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¼ Cup Powdered Sugar, sifted
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 12 Medium Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Line a cupcake tin with liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour, 2 teaspoon Baking Powder, ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- In a large bowl, combine non-dairy milk, sugar, oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Whisk to combine.1 Cup Non-Dairy Milk, ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar, ⅓ Cup Canola Oil, 2 teaspoon Lemon Juice, 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Into the wet ingredients add the crushed freeze dried strawberries and whisk, followed by the beet powder, if using. Whisk until well combined.1 ½ Cups Freeze Dried Strawberries, well crushed with a rolling pin or blender, ¼ teaspoon Beet Powder
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk to form to batter.
- Portion the batter into a lined cupcake tin, filling each liner about ⅔ of the way full.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 17-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
To Make the Whipped Cream
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment. Pour the vegan heavy whipping cream into the bowl and turn the mixer to medium speed.2 Cups Vegan Heavy Whipping Cream
- While the mixer is running, slowly add the sifted powdered sugar. Once the sugar is incorporated, turn the mixer to high and whip, stopping occasionally to scrape the bowl down with a spatula, until stiff peaks are achieved, about 3-5 minutes.¼ Cup Powdered Sugar, sifted
- Add the vanilla and stir on low until incorporated.½ teaspoon Vanilla
Finish The Cupcakes
- Using a spoon, dollop the whipped cream onto the top of each cupcake and top with a fresh strawberry.12 Medium Strawberries