This Vegan Strawberry Pound Cake Bread is easy, delicious and results in the most tender loaf. This is the perfect simple dessert recipe.
I know its not quite berry season, but I cant resist getting started on some berry recipes. I love berries. Strawberries and blackberries are by far my favorite. And you all seem to really like strawberry recipes. So, I thought I'd share another. This Vegan Strawberry Pound Cake is absolutely incredible- and east to make!
Flour: Regular all purpose flour, here.
Leaveners: A combination of baking powder and baking soda
Salt: For balance.
Vegan Butter: Vegan butter keeps this loaf tender. I like Country Crock Plant Butter Sticks and Soy Free Earth Balance Buttery Sticks.
Sugar: Regular granulated sugar.
Vegan Yogurt: Vegan yogurt keeps this strawberry bread loaf moist.
Plant Milk: Any plain plant milk will work.
Vanilla: For background flavor.
Lemon Juice: Lemon juice works with the leaveners to make this pound cake rise high.
Strawberries: Fold in chopped strawberries right at the end.
How to Make Vegan Pound Cake
Traditionally, pound cake contains eggs, butter and a variety of dairy products like milk and sour cream or yogurt.
Eggs are the most challenging thing to swap when considering how to make pound cake vegan.
To swap the eggs in this Vegan Strawberry Pound Cake, I added more vegan butter and more vegan milk and yogurt to increase moisture content.
Eggs also help leaven pound cake, so I added a bit more leavener than you will traditionally find for a strawberry pound cake like this. And I added lemon juice to activate it!
First, combine the dry ingredients and set aside.
Next, combine the plant milk, vegan yogurt, vanilla and lemon juice in a medium bowl with a whisk.
Now, cream the vegan butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Then, add half of the wet ingredients and mix.
Next, scrape the bowl down and add half of the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Repeat with remaining wet and dry ingredients.
Finally, fold the strawberries in and bake!
How to Serve
I serve this Vegan Strawberry Pound Cake simply- cut into slices and plated.
But, you can really get fancy with it. Serve it along side macerated berries and with a dollop of whipped cream.
Or, cut it into cubes and make a trifle!
You will need either a stand mixer or a hand mixer for this recipe.
Once the loaf is cool, slice and place into an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Or freeze for up to a month.
Want more berry dessert recipes?
Vegan Blackberry Mousse by: Bianca Zapatka
Vegan Strawberry Pound Cake
- 1 Stand Mixer or Handheld Mixer
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Whisk
- Parchment Paper
- 8 X 4 Loaf Pan
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- ½ Cup Plant Milk
- ½ Cup Non-Dairy Yogurt
- 2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt Less if using fine grain salt
- 10 tablespoon Non-Dairy Butter I used Earth Balance Buttery Sticks
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 ⅓ Cups Chopped Strawberries Chop them into approximately ¼ inch pieces
- Prepare an 8 X 4 inch loaf pan by greasing it and inserting a parchment sling for easy removal and slicing. Preheat oven to 350* F.
- In a small bowl, combine non-dairy milk, yogurt, lemon juice and vanilla. Set aside.½ Cup Plant Milk, ½ Cup Non-Dairy Yogurt, 2 teaspoon Lemon Juice, 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In another small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.2 Cups Flour, 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder, ½ teaspoon Baking Soda, ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream non-dairy butter and sugar until its light and fluffy.10 tablespoon Non-Dairy Butter, 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Add ½ of the liquid into the creamed mixture and mix on low until combined. Scrape the bowl down and mix again.
- Add ½ of the dry ingredients into the bowl and mix on low until it just starts to come together. Scrape the bowl down.
- Now, add the remaining wet ingredients and mix on low until just combined. Scrape the bowl down.
- Finally, add the remaining dry ingredients and mix on low until it just starts to combine.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and fold the batter with a spatula a few times until no flour streaks are visible.
- Add strawberries and fold them in until they are evenly distributed.1 ⅓ Cups Chopped Strawberries
- Scrape the batter into your prepared 8x4 inch loaf pan and spread the batter evenly, making sure it gets into all the corners.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 64-67 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before removing the loaf from the pan with the parchment sling and slicing.