This Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies recipe flavorful, fun and the cream cheese center is insanely delicious and gooey. These are the perfect Spring and Summer cookies.Jump to Recipe
These cookies are gooey, filled with strawberry flavor and are the perfect Spring and Summer cookie. They are super easy to make and are a definite crowd pleaser!
Flax Egg: A flax egg is a combination of ground flax and liquid. It acts as a binder in this recipe.
Beet Powder: This is completely optional- just for color. I used this beet powder by Drybox.
Vanilla: For background flavor.
Lemon Juice: Lemon juice brings out the berry flavor.
Vegan Butter: I recommend Soy-Free Earth Balance Buttery Sticks or Country Crock Plant Butter Sticks.
Sugar: Regular granulated sugar.
Flour: All purpose for this recipe. I recommend King Arthur Flour.
Baking Powder: As our leavening agent.
Salt: For balance.
Mini White Chocolate Chips: I used these by Enjoy Life
Why Freeze Dried Strawberries
Freeze dried strawberries are one of my favorite ways to incorporate strawberry into baked goods and frostings- including in these Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies.
They have no moisture- just flavor! If you puree fresh strawberries, it limits the amount that can be added to recipes because of the moisture content.
So freeze dried strawberries may seem unconventional, but they're a great way to add real fruit into baked goods.
Making the Cheesecake Filling
The cream cheese filling for this vegan strawberry cheesecake cookies recipe is super simple to make.
First, cream vegan cream cheese and sugar together.
Next, add vanilla and stir.
Then, add flour and stir.
Finally, scoop heaped teaspoons onto a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze.
Making The Cookies
The cookies are a very basic creaming method.
Start by making the flax egg. Mix together flax, water, beet powder if using, vanilla and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
Next, cream the butter and sugar together.
Then, add the flax egg.
Now, add the dry ingredients and mix well.
Finally, add white chocolate chips and stir once more to distribute them.
How to Stuff the Cookies
Stuffing the cream cheese into these Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies may seem intimidating, but let me walk through it with you step-by-step.
First, use a ¼ cup measuring cup to scoop cookie dough mounds.
Next, use your fingers to create a well in the center of the cookie dough mounds.
Then, place a cheesecake cake ball in each well.
Now, use your fingers to bring the cookie dough up to cover the cheesecake ball.
And thats it! Now they are ready to bake.
Top Recipe Tip
Use a rolling pin to crush the freeze dried strawberries inside the package. You want them to be pretty fine, here.
If the cheesecake balls are too soft when you are ready to use them, freeze them for a bit longer. This will make them more manageable.
To store these Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies, place them into an airtight container and store them at room temperature for up to three days.
Or freeze for up to a month.
Looking for More Strawberry Recipes?
Vegan Strawberry and Cream Cupcakes
Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Cake
Vegan Strawberry Tart by: Happy Vegannie
Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 2 Medium Bowls
- 1 Spatula
- 2 Baking Sheets
- Parchment Paper
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
For the Cheescake Filling
- ½ Cup Vegan Cream Cheese, room temperaturwe
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
To Make the Cookies
- 2 tablespoon Ground Flax
- 6 tablespoon Water
- 1 ½ teaspoon Beet Powder optional, for color
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 8 tablespoon Vegan Butter
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 ½ Cup Freeze Dried Strawberries, finely crushed with a rolling pin this is an entire 1.2oz bag
- 1 ⅔ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt ¼ teaspoon if using table salt
- ½ Cup Vegan White Chocolate Chips
Make the Cheesecake Filling
- Combine vegan cream cheese, and granulated sugar in a medium bowl and stir with a rubber spatula until well combined.½ Cup Vegan Cream Cheese, room temperaturwe, ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- Add the vanilla and stir, then add the four and stir to combine.½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract, ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
- Using a really heaped teaspoon, scoop 12 mounds onto a parchment lined baking sheet or plate. Freeze for at least 30 minutes before using.
To Make the Cookies
- In a small bowl make the flax egg by combining flax, water, beet powder if using, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Stir and set aside.2 tablespoon Ground Flax, 6 tablespoon Water, 1 ½ teaspoon Beet Powder, 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- In a large bowl, cream together the vegan butter and sugar until well combined.8 tablespoon Vegan Butter, 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Add the flax egg and stir well.
- Add the freeze dried strawberries and stir well.1 ½ Cup Freeze Dried Strawberries, finely crushed with a rolling pin
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until just combined.1 ⅔ Cup All Purpose Flour, 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder, ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Add the white chocolate chips and stir to distribute.½ Cup Vegan White Chocolate Chips
- Allow the dough to rest at room temperature for 20 minutes before scooping.
Stuff and Bake the Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Line a Baking sheet with parchment.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop 6 dough mounds onto the baking sheet. Using your fingers, create a well in the middle of each mound.
- Remove the cheesecake balls from the freezer, place one in each well and return the remaining ones to the freezer.
- Using our hands, cover the cheesecake ball with the dough, making a sphere.
- Evenly space the 6 cookie dough balls on the parchment lined baking sheet and bake in a 350* oven for 19-21 minutes, turning the pan half way through baking.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.