This Vegan Honey Cake Recipe is easy and delicious. Its topped with vegan whipped cream and macerated berries for the perfect easy summer dessert.Jump to Recipe
I love an easy single layer cake that can be whipped together in a jiffy. This Vegan Honey Cake recipe is easy, requires no special decorating tools and is absolutely delicious! Perfect for a Spring or Summer celebration.
Flour: Regular all purpose flour, here. I always recommend King Arthur Flour.
Baking Powder: For leavening the cake.
Salt: For balance.
Vegan Butter: My two favorites for baking are Soy-Free Earth Balance Buttery Sticks and Country Crock Plant Butter.
Light Agave or Vegan Honey: I used light agave here, but if you have vegan honey on hand, use it!
Vegan Milk: I used oat milk, but any non-dairy milk will work.
Lemon Juice: This is to brighten up the flavor of the agave so it will taste more honey-like.
Vanilla: For a background flavor.
Orange Zest: Orange zest, also is to brighten up the flavor of agave for a more honey like flavor.
This Vegan Honey Cake is SO easy to make.
First, combine the dry ingredients and set them aside.
Next, whisk the melted butter and agave or honey really well.
Then, add the milk, vanilla, lemon juice and orange zest to the wet ingredients and whisk again.
Now, add the dry ingredients and the batter is done!
Easy Macerated Berries
Macerating berries is super easy and a beautiful, low effort way to decorate cake.
Simply combine the berries, agave and a bit of orange juice in a bowl and toss to combine.
Then, place them in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to get nice and juicy.
There are vegan honeys on the market like this one, so if you have one, use it here!
But, I used light agave for this Vegan Honey Cake recipe. And I combined it with a touch of orange zest and a dose of lemon juice to brighten it up for a more honey-like flavor.
Light agave refers to the color. I like this one.
Top Cake Pan Recommendation
I ONLY use Fat Daddios cake pans. They are incredible quality, bake evenly and are very sturdy.
If you are making this Vegan Honey Cake a day in advance:
Wrap the cake in plastic wrap and leave at room temperature. Top with the vegan whipped cream and berries just before serving.
If you have already topped the cake:
Place it in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Looking for More Easy Cakes?
Vegan Vanilla Cake by: The Sweetest Menu
Vegan Honey Cake
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Rubber Spatula
- 1 8" Round Cake Pan
- Parchment Paper
- 1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt ¼ teaspoon if using table salt
- 8 tablespoon Vegan Butter, melted
- ¾ Cup Light Agave or Vegan Honey See Note
- ½ Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Zest of ¼ of an Orange
For The Macerated Berries
- ¾ Cup Blackberries, halved
- ¾ Cup Strawberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Light Agave or Vegan Honey
- 1 tablespoon Orange Juice
For the Whipped Cream
- 1 Cup Vegan Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Grease an 8" round cake pan and insert a parchment circle into the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter and agave or vegan honey. Whisk well to combine.
- Into the butter mixture, add non dairy milk, lemon juice, vanilla and orange zest. Whisk well to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the bowl and whisk to form the batter.
- Pour the batter into a prepared 8" round cake pan and use the bake of a spatula to even it out.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before topping.
To make the Macerate Berries
- Combine blackberries, strawberries, agave or honey and orange juice in a small bowl. Toss to combine and place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
To Make the Whipped Cream
- Pour the vegan whipping cream into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment or into a large bowl and use a whisk to whip.
- Whip until stiff peaks are achieved.
Top the Cake
- Top the cake with the whipped cream and use a spoon to create a kind of bowl in the center for the juicy berries.
- Add the berries into the center of the whipped cream and serve.