This Vegan Lemon Raspberry Cake recipe is completely eggless and bakes up into a tender and moist loaf. This cake is easy to make and absolutely delicious!
Loaf cakes are the easiest type of cake to make. They require no frosting, or decorating- just slice and serve. And this Vegan Lemon Raspberry Loaf cake recipe is no exception. It doesn't require any mixers or other special equipment.
Flour: Regular all purpose flour, here. I love King Arthur Brand.
Leaveners: A combination of baking powder and baking soda helps this cake rise high.
Salt: For balance.
Sugar: For sweetness, softness and moisture.
Lemon Zest: This is where all of the lemon flavor comes from.
Oil: I used canola oil, but any neutral oil will work.
Vegan Yogurt: I used Forager Plain Yogurt. Any brand will work, just make sure its plain and not greek-style. Yogurt is what helps to keep this raspberry cake eggless.
Non-Dairy Milk: I used oat milk, but any type will work.
Lemon Juice: Lemon juice helps the baking soda activate.
Vanilla: For a background flavor.
This Vegan Lemon Raspberry Cake is super simple to make. Here's how:
First, combine all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl with a whisk and set aside.
Next, the fun part. In a large bowl, combine the sugar and lemon zest. Rub the lemon zest with the sugar using your fingers until its fragrant and combined.
This releases the oils in the zest to flavor the cake.
Now, add the remaining wet ingredients into the sugar and whisk well.
Then, add the dry ingredients and whisk to form the batter.
Next, fold in the raspberries.
Then, scrape the vegan raspberry cake batter into a loaf pan, top with a few more berries and bake!
Top Recipe Tips
My first tip is to tear the raspberries rather than chop them.
Raspberries are really easy to tear, and all of the juices will stay intact this way- so they will be in your cake rather than on your cutting board!
Be sure to rub the lemon zest together with the sugar. This releases all of the oils in the lemon zest for a more flavorful cake.
To store, wrap the vegan lemon raspberry loaf cake tightly in the pan with plastic wrap and store at room temperature.
Or, slice the loaf, and transfer to a plastic bag or another airtight container and freeze for up to a month.
Looking for More Loaf Cakes?
Lilac Lemon Cake by: Rainbow Plant Life
Vegan Lemon Raspberry Cake
- 1 8x4 Loaf Pan
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Rubber Spatula
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Parchment Paper
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- ½ Cup Canola Oil
- ½ Cup Plain Non-Dairy Yogurt
- ½ Cup Plant Based Milk I used Oat Milk
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 ¼ Cup Raspberries, roughly chopped or torn
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Grease an 8"x4" loaf pan and insert a parchment sling for easy removal. See photo for reference.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and lemon zest. Using your fingers, rub the lemon zest into the sugar until the zest becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Into the sugar, add canola oil, yogurt, plant milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Whisk well.
- Add the dry ingredients into the liquids and whisk to form a batter.
- Reserve a handful of raspberries to top the loaf and add the rest into the batter. Use a spatula to fold them in.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan and use the pack of the spatula to spread to the edges.
- Top with the reserved raspberries.
- Bake in a 350* oven on the middle rack for 63-67 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing and serving.