This Vegan Apple Cinnamon Crunch Bread is easy to make and is full of apple sauce and fresh apple chunks. And the crunchy cinnamon topping is incredible!
This apple bread is quick and easy to mix together and tastes just like Fall. It has tons of fresh apple chunks and a crunchy cinnamon sugar topping that is absolutely irresistible.
I love baking with apple because of their sweet and tart combination. It is the perfect balance to baked goods. And it pairs so nicely with everyones favorite spice- cinnamon! Its perfect in a loaf like this, in a coffee cake like my Vegan Apple Cinnamon Crumb Cake or in a crisp or cobbler like my Gluten Free Caramel Apple Cobbler.
Fresh Apple: My favorite apples for baking are Granny Smith and Honeycrisp.
Apple Sauce: This bread gets a double dose of apple! Apple sauce keeps this vegan bread recipe super moist.
Spices: I kept the spices simple here with a combination of cinnamon and ginger.
Non-Dairy Milk: I used oat milk but you can use any non-dairy milk you like.
Canola Oil: Canola oil keeps this loaf moist. You can use any neutral tasting oil here. But do not use coconut oil!
Cinnamon Sugar Topping: A combination of granulated sugar and cinnamon are mixed together and sprinkled on top of the batter just before baking to create a crunchy cinnamon crust.
Swap the cinnamon in this recipe with pumpkin pie spice mix or apple pie spice mix!
This Vegan Apple Cinnamon Crunch Bread is easy and SO delicious. Here's how to make it:
First, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in a medium bowl.
Then, in a large bowl, combine brown sugar, canola oil, apple sauce, oat milk and vanilla. Whisk well to combine.
Next, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk to form the batter.
Now, fold the apple chunks into the batter and pour it into a prepared loaf pan.
Finally, sprinkle the top of the loaf with cinnamon sugar and bake!
Top Recipe Tips
Once the dry ingredients are added into the batter of this Vegan Apple Sauce Cinnamon Crunch Bread, do not over mix! Mix just until everything is combined.
Chop the apples pretty small. They will distribute throughout the loaf better if they are about ¼" cubes.
To store, slice the Vegan Apple Cinnamon Crunch Bread and place the slices in an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to three days.
Or, freeze for up to a month.
Looking For More Fall Recipes?
Vegan Apple Cinnamon Crunch Bread
- 1 8 ½ X 4 ½ Loaf Pan
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Rubber Spatula
- 1 Knife
- 1 Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Parchment Paper
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon Ginger
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- ½ Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- ½ Cup Canola Oil
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Cup Apple, peeled, cored and chopped into about ¼ inch pieces See note
For the Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350*. Prepare an 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan with pan spray or coconut oil and create a sling across the bottom for easy removal of the bread for slicing. (see pictures).
- In a small bowl, make the cinnamon sugar topping by combining the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar, ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Whisk and set aside.2 Cups All Purpose Flour, 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder, ½ teaspoon Baking Soda, ½ teaspoon Salt, 2 teaspoon Cinnamon, 1 ½ teaspoon Ginger
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, apple sauce, non-dairy milk, canola oil, and vanilla. Whisk well to combine.1 Cup Brown Sugar, ½ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce, ½ Cup Non-Dairy Milk, ½ Cup Canola Oil, 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- Add the dries into the wet ingredients and whisk to form the batter.
- Add chopped apple and fold with a rubber spatula to distribute.1 Cup Apple, peeled, cored and chopped into about ¼ inch pieces
- Pour the batter into the prepared 8 ½ x4 ½ loaf pan and gently even out the top with a spatula. Then, top the loaf evenly with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 60-65 minutes, turning the pan after 30 minutes. The loaf is done when its golden around the edges and when a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Let me know how you like this recipe and if there is anything you'd like to see me make next!