These Vegan Raspberry Muffins are tender, simple to make and full of fresh raspberries. These muffins freeze beautifully for a quick breakfast or snack on-the-go.
Spring is in the air and its got me craving fruity recipes. So, I whipped up this batch if Vegan Raspberry Muffins to kick things off. These muffins are SO good. They are soft, moist and filled with fresh raspberries. And, you can make them start to finish in 30 minutes!
Ingredients for Making Vegan Raspberry Muffins
These vegan raspberry muffins only require 8 ingredients to make! Here's what you will need:
Flour: Basic all purpose flour here. If you've made any of my recipes, you know that I always recommend King Arthur Flour. But, whatever is in your cabinet will work.
Baking Powder and Baking Soda: Using a combination of the two leaveners helps these muffins rise nice and tall.
Kosher Salt: For balance. If you bake with iodized salt, reduce the salt by half, as the crystals are much finer.
Sugar: Granulated sugar sweetens, add structure and keeps these muffins moist.
Canola Oil: Oil also help keep these muffins moist.
Vanilla: For flavor.
Raspberries: I recommend fresh raspberries here. And I halved mine for easier distribution.
Turbinado Sugar: This ingredient is totally optional. I used it to sprinkle on the top of the muffins before baking because I like the look. Feel free to skip it if you don't have turbinado sugar!
How to Mix the Raspberry Muffins
The mixing method for these Vegan Raspberry Muffins is SO easy. In order to only use one bowl, I mix the wet ingredients first.
Combine the sugar, non dairy yogurt, oil and vanilla well.
Then add the dry ingredients directly into the bowl and fold until its JUST combined. Its importand to not over mix here.
Then fold the raspberries in to distribute.
And thats it! So simple, and only one bowl to wash.
How to Store the Muffins
Once the Vegan Raspberry Muffins are cooled, store them in an airtight container at room temperature if you will eat them in a few days.
If you want the occasional muffin for the next few weeks, store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up for a month.
Looking for More Muffin Recipes?
Vegan Blueberry Muffins by Simple Veganista
Vegan Raspberry Muffins
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Knife
- 1 Muffin Tin
- 12 Muffin Tin Liners
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Cup Non Dairy Yogurt
- ⅔ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Canola Oil
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 ¼ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Raspberries, halved
- Turbinado Sugar (Optional)
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Preheat oven to 400* F
- In a large bowl, combine granulated sugar, non dairy yogurt, canola oil and vanilla extract and whisk well.
- Into the bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and fold together with a spatula until just combined.
- Add raspberries and fold to distribute.
- Portion batter into lined muffin tin, filling each space ¾ of the way. Then, sprinkle the tops of the muffins with turbinado sugar.
- Bake in a 400* oven for 15-17 minutes turning halfway through. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of a muffin. It should come out clean.
- Cool slightly, then serve.