This recipe for Vegan Blackberry Muffins are easy to make, and absolutely delicious! And I show you my best tips for soft and moist vegan muffins!
I love muffins. They are simple to whip together, the flavor combinations are endless and they are so delicious. Since the warm months are here, I've been gravitating toward fresh berries. And I thought that a new muffin recipe was in order. So, I whipped up these simple Vegan Blackberry Muffins and they are DELICIOUS.
To make these muffins you will need:
Flour: Regular all purpose flour.
Leaveners: I use both baking powder and baking soda, here.
Salt: For balance.
Vegan Yogurt: Yogurt helps keep these muffins super moist.
Sugar: Regular granulated sugar.
Oil: I used canola oil but any neutral oil will work.
Lemon Juice & Zest: The zest is for flavor and the juice helps leaven.
Vanilla: For background flavor.
Blackberries: To fold in right at the end.
This Vegan Blackberry Muffins recipe is super easy to make and uses my one bowl method.
First, combine the wet ingredients in a large bowl and whisk well.
Then, sift the dry ingredients right into the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined.
Finally, fold in chopped blackberries and bake!
Why This Recipe Works
My one-bowl method is really the star of the show here.
Placing a strainer directly on top of the bowl with the wets allows you to cut out one dish and a little time.
The most important thing is to make sure the sifter doesn't touch the wet ingredients or you will be left with a sticky mess.
To store the vegan blackberry muffins, first allow them to cool completely.
Then transfer to an airtight container and leave at room temperature for up to three days.
Or freeze for up to a month.
Looking for More Muffin Recipes?
Blueberry Muffins by: The Simple Veganista
Vegan Blackberry Muffins
- 1 Muffin Tin
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Cup Non-Dairy Yogurt unsweetened, not greek style
- ⅔ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Canola Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- zest of ¼ of a lemon
- 2 ¼ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 ¼ Cup Blackberries, halved if they are really big, quarter them!
- 2 tablespoon Turbinado Sugar to sprinkle on top optional
- Preheat oven to 400*. Line a cupcake tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, oil, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and lemon zest with a whisk.1 Cup Non-Dairy Yogurt, ⅔ Cup Sugar, ½ Cup Canola Oil, 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice, 2 teaspoon Vanilla, zest of ¼ of a lemon
- Place a fine mesh strainer on top of the bowl, being sure that the strainer doesn't touch the wet ingredients.
- Into the strainer add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift the dries into the bowl and whisk until just combined.2 ¼ Cups All Purpose Flour, 2 teaspoon Baking Powder, ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda, ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Add chopped blackberries and fold gently with a rubber spatula just until the berries are evenly distributed.1 ¼ Cup Blackberries, halved
- Fill each liner ¾ of the way full and sprinkle with turbinado sugar (optional).
- Bake in a 400*F oven for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and serve.