These Vegan Carrot Muffins taste like carrot cake and are dairy free, eggless and made using whole wheat flour. These muffins make the perfect easy breakfast or snack.
These Vegan Whole Wheat Carrot Muffins are quick, easy and freeze beautifully! They make the perfect snack or breakfast on the go. They are soft, moist and filled with cinnamon and a bit of nutmeg. And they are made with 100% whole wheat flour, boosting their nutritional content.
Whole Wheat Flour: My favorite flour brand is King Arthur Flour.
Leaveners: A combination of baking powder and baking soda help these muffins rise high.
Salt: For balance.
Spices: I used a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. These spices give these eggless and dairy free muffins that carrot cake flavor.
Sugar: Regular granulated sugar, here.
Molasses: Be sure to use regular molasses, not blackstrap.
Plant Milk: I used So Delicious Coconut Milk, but any non dairy milk will work, here.
Oil: I used canola oil, but any neutral oil will work.
Vanilla: For a warm background flavor.
Carrots: They are vegan carrot muffins after all.
These muffins are super simple to make. Heres how to do it.
First, whisk the dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
Next, in a large bowl, whisk the sugar, dairy free milk, oil and vanilla together.
Then, switch to a spatula and fold the grated carrots in.
Now, add the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula just until the batter.
Finally, fill a muffin tin that has been lined with cupcake liners up ⅔ of the way full and bake.
Thats it! Serve these Vegan Whole Wheat Carrot Muffins warm.
Top Recipe Tip
Don't purchase pre shredded carrots! The kind I have seen in the grocery store are too thick and dry.
Grate the carrots on the big side of a box grater.
To store these dairy free and eggless Vegan Carrot Muffins, place them in an airtight container and store them at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Or freeze for up to a month.
Looking For More Spring Recipes?
Strawberry Sugar Cookies by: From My Bowl
Vegan Carrot Muffins Whole Wheat and Eggless
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Muffin Tin
- 12 Cupcake Liners
- 1 ½ Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt ¼ teaspoon if using fine grain salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Pinch Ground Cloves
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Unsulphured Molasses
- ⅓ Cup Canola Oil
- ½ Cup Non-Dairy Milk I used So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ Pound Carrots, Grated on the the large side of a box grater This is about 2 ½ Cups grated carrot
- Preheat oven to 350* F and line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves together. Set aside.1 ½ Cups Whole Wheat Flour, 2 teaspoon Baking Powder, ½ teaspoon Baking Soda, ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt, 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg, Pinch Ground Cloves
- In a large bowl combine sugar, molasses, canola oil, plant milk, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.½ Cup Granulated Sugar, 1 tablespoon Unsulphured Molasses, ⅓ Cup Canola Oil, ½ Cup Non-Dairy Milk, 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Add the grated carrots to the wet ingredients and stir with a spatula to combine.½ Pound Carrots, Grated on the the large side of a box grater
- Pour the dry ingredients into the large bowl and stir with a spatula just until a batter forms. See note.
- Fill the muffin tins ⅔ of the way full with batter.
- Bake the muffins in a 350* oven for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.