These Vegan Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies are super chewy and packed with mix-ins! They are easy to make and require simple ingredients no chill time. These are the ultimate vegan cookie!
Cookies are my favorite dessert. I love them all, from a more classic chocolate chip like my Vegan Levain Chocolate Chip Cookies to untraditional cookies like my Vegan Cheesecake Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies. And these Vegan Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies fall perfectly in the middle of classic and untraditional.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This vegan recipe is the ultimate crowd-pleaser! Here's why I know you will love them:
- They are super chewy with that crisp edge.
- This recipe is simple to make so its perfect for beginners!
- The cookies are full of chewy rolled oats, coconut flakes and chocolate chips.
- They are absolutely delicious.
- And they freeze well!
Rolled Oats: Use old-fashioned rolled oats for this recipe. Don't substitute quick or instant oats. They absorb differently and will change the texture of the cookies.
Coconut Flakes: I like unsweetened coconut flakes for these Vegan Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies. They add so much chew.
Chocolate Chips: I like dark chocolate chips, but use whatever you like!
Brown Sugar: These base of the cookies is a warm brown sugar cookie dough.
If you add ½ cup of chopped pecans to this cookie recipe, you will have vegan cowboy cookies!
Step 1. Cream vegan butter and brown sugar together using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
Step 2. Add non-dairy milk and vanilla and mix well.
Step 3. Add flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix to form the batter.
Step 4. Add coconut flakes and chocolate chips and mix to distribute. Now, preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment.
Step 5. Scoop the cookie dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet leaving 3 inches of space between each cookie.
Step 6. And bake the Vegan Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies until golden! Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining cookie dough.
To store, transfer the cookies to an airtight container and keep at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Or freeze for up to a month.
Always use old-fashioned rolled oats for baking cookies. They lend the perfect chew and texture to the cookies.
Instant oats absorb more liquid than rolled oats. So, using instant oats will make the batter much thicker and make the texture of the finished cookies more dry.
Expert Recipe Tips
Once the dry ingredients are added into the bowl, be careful not to over mix! Mix just until the cookie dough comes together.
Preheat the oven after the cookies are mixed to give the oatmeal a little time to absorb. Once the oven is preheated, the cookie dough is good to go!
Looking for More Easy Baking Recipes?
If you tried this Vegan Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Vegan Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Hand Mixer Or stand mixer with the paddle attachment
- 1 Rubber Spatula
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 3 Tablespoon Cookie Scoop
- Parchment Paper
- 8 tablespoon Non-Dairy Butter
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 5 tablespoon Non-Dairy Milk
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats see note
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt ½ teaspoon if using fine grain salt
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- ¾ Cup Unsweetened Flaked Coconut
- Flakey Sea Salt (Optional)
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cread non-dairy butter and brown sugar until well combined and fluffy.8 tablespoon Non-Dairy Butter, 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- Add the non-dairy milk and vanilla and mix until well combined. The mixture will look broken, here.5 tablespoon Non-Dairy Milk, 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Now, add flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the bowl. Mix until just combined. (See note)1 ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour, ½ Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats, ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt, ¾ teaspoon Baking Powder, ¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
- Finally, add chocolate chips and coconut flakes and mix until distributed.1 Cup Chocolate Chips, ¾ Cup Unsweetened Flaked Coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350* F. Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Once the oven is preheated, use a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop mounds of dough onto the baking sheet. Be sure to leave 3 inches of space between each cookie. I baked 6 cookies at a time. (See note)
- Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with flakey sea salt, if desired.Flakey Sea Salt (Optional)
- Bake in a 350* oven for 13-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.