These Vegan Oreo Balls or Truffles are completely dairy free and are so easy to make. They require no cooking and are the ultimate crowd-pleaser. They are super chocolatey and come together in no time! Best of all this recipe only requires 4 ingredients! You can't beat that.
I wanted another option for an easy no bake dessert so, I came up with these dairy-free and Vegan Oreo Balls! They are are simple to make and if you have chocolate lover friends or family, they will LOVE these.
Oreos: Regular, not double stuffed. Double stuffed have too much frosting in them.
Vegan Cream Cheese: My favorite brand is Tofutti.
Chocolate Chips: For dipping.
Coconut Oil: This thins the chocolate coating just a bit and makes it easier to dip the truffles.
You don't have to garnish the Vegan Oreo Balls at all, but I like to top them with additional Oreo crumbs and a pinch of flakey sea salt.
Instead, you could use sprinkles, crushed freeze-dried strawberries or a drizzle of non-dairy white chocolate!
You need a food processor for this recipe.
If you have a really small food processor, grind the Oreos in batches and add them to a bowl.
Then, mix the vegan cream cheese in by hand in the bowl and proceed with the recipe.
Step 1. Add Oreos into a food processor.
Step 2. Process the Oreos until they are finely ground, then add vegan cream cheese.
Step 3. Process until combined.
Step 4. Scoop the dairy-free Oreo truffle center onto a parchment-lined sheet pan and refrigerate.
Step 5. Melt chocolate with coconut oil and dip the Vegan Oreo Truffels.
Step 6. Top with sea salt or finely crushed Oreo.
How to Melt Chocolate
Chocolate is one of the most temperamental ingredients to work with. Its scalds and seizes easily.
To avoid this, here is how I do it:
Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring between each interval.
If your chocolate is mostly melted, do not place it back in for another interval! The residual heat will melt the remaining chocolate. Just allow it to sit for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
Then, it start dipping these dairy-free vegan oreo balls.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
Yes! If you prefer vanilla, swap the Oreos for Golden Oreos.
Expert Tips and Tricks
Do not use double stuffed Oreos! They have too much frosting in the center and the Vegan Oreo Balls will be too soft to dip in chocolate.
If your truffle center is too soft to dip, place the balls in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up, then proceed.
Looking for More Easy Vegan Desserts?
If you tried this Vegan Oreo Balls (Truffles) recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Vegan Oreo Balls (Truffles)
- 1 Food Processor
- 1 Heat Proof Bowl
- 1 1 Tablespoon Cookie Scoop
- 1 Fork or Chocolate Fork
- 1 Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 20 Oreo Cookies Regular, not double stuffed
- ½ Cup Vegan Cream Cheese, room temp I used Tofutti
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Extra Crushed Oreo, Flakey Sea Salt, Sprinkles, etc.
- Add the Oreos into the bowl of a food processor. Blend on high until they are crumbs.20 Oreo Cookies
- Add the softened vegan cream cheese into the food processor and blend until the mixture forms a ball.½ Cup Vegan Cream Cheese, room temp
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop the mixture onto the baking sheet. Wrap with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until the balls are firm and don't stick to your hands.
- Once the balls are chilled, go through and roll them between your palms to create spheres and place them back into the refrigerator until you are about to dip them.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil into a heat-proof bowl and either melt over a double boiler or in the microwave in 15-second intervals. Once most of the chocolate is melted, remove from the heat and let the remaining chocolate melt with residual heat to you don't overheat it.1 Cup Chocolate Chips, 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Use a fork or a chocolate fork to dip the balls into the chocolate. Allow as much chocolate to drip off of the truffles as you can and scrape the bottom of the work against the lip of the bowl to remove it. Use a toothpick to slide the truffle from the fork back onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Top the truffle with a garnish while the chocolate is still warm so it will stick.Extra Crushed Oreo, Flakey Sea Salt, Sprinkles, etc.
- Repeat with remaining Oreo balls.