This Edible Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Recipe is gluten free, vegan and SO easy. It only requires 7 Ingredients and a few minutes to whip together!Jump to Recipe
This Edible Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough is quick and easy and absolutely delicious. Its full of cinnamon and only requires 7 ingredients! For all of my cookie dough eaters out there, this one is for you.
To make this cookie dough, you will need:
Oat Flour: I recommend using store bought oat flour for this recipe. If you use homemade oat flour, it will have a gritty texture.
Vegan Butter: I used Country Crock Plant Butter Sticks, but use what you have on hand.
Granulated Sugar: Regular old granulated sugar, here.
Cinnamon: Cinnamon add that classic snickerdoodle flavor.
Non Dairy Milk: I used oat milk but any non dairy milk will work.
Salt: For balance.
Vanilla: Vanilla Extract adds a warm background flavor.
This Edible Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough recipe takes no time to whip together.
First, heat treat the flour. To do this, measure the oat flour onto an oven safe skillet or sheet pan and bake it for 5 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
Meanwhile, cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
Next, add the cinnamon and stir well.
Then, add the non dairy milk and vanilla.
Now, add the heat treated oat flour and salt and stir to combine.
Finally, chill for an hour and serve!
Heat Treating Flour
Its very important to heat treat the flour. Flour is a raw food and can be contaminated with bacteria.
Its super easy to heat treat it, so don't skip it! Better safe than sorry.
Leave the cinnamon out for an edible gluten free sugar cookie dough.
Or use a spice mix in place of cinnamon. A chai masala blend or pumpkin pie spice would be divine in this recipe!
The chill time is optional for this recipe. I prefer to eat this Edible Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough cold.
If you like it room temp, enjoy it as soon as its mixed!
Store the cookie dough in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
Looking for More Easy Desserts?
No Bake Brownie Bites by: Minimalist Baker
Edible Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 1 Spatula
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 ½ Cups Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 8 Tbsp Non-Dairy Butter Softened
- ⅔ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon Non Dairy Milk
- 1 ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350*. Add the oat flour to a baking sheet or oven safe skillet and bake for 5 minutes to heat treat it. *See note for details.* Allow to cool completely.1 ½ Cups Gluten Free Oat Flour
- Into a medium bowl add vegan butter, sugar and cinnamon. Cream together until the mixture is light and fluffy.8 tablespoon Non-Dairy Butter, ⅔ Cup Granulated Sugar, 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Add non-dairy milk and vanilla into the bowl and stir until combined.2 tablespoon Non Dairy Milk, 1 ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Add the heat treated oat flour and salt and stir until a dough forms.¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt, 1 ½ Cups Gluten Free Oat Flour
- Place in the refrigerator for an hour to chill. *see note*
Make the Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- Combine sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.2 tablespoon Granulated Sugar, ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Scoop and Serve
- Scoop onto a plate using a 2-3 tablespoon cookie scoop, sprinkle the mounds with cinnamon sugar and serve.