These Cinnamon Roll Muffins are vegan, require no yeast and are baked right in a cupcake pan! This recipe is quick, easy and delicious.
This is the perfect recipe for when you're craving cinnamon rolls but don't have 4 hours of time to make a yeasted version.
Here is what you will need for the dough:
Vegan Butter: My top pick is Soy-Free Earth Balance Buttery Sticks. It tastes better than the original version in my opinion.
Flour: Regular all purpose flour.
Granulated Sugar: Granulated sugar tenderizes and sweetens the dough.
Leaveners: I use baking powder and baking soda for lift in this No Yeast Cinnamon Roll Recipe.
Salt: For balance
Plant Milk: I used oat milk, but any non-dairy milk will work.
Lemon Juice: Lemon juice will activate the baking soda.
Vanilla: For background flavor.
And for the filling you will need:
Melted Vegan Butter: For brushing onto the dough.
Brown Sugar: For that molasses-y flavor.
Cinnamon: They wouldn't be cinnamon rolls without it!
These Vegan No Yeast Cinnamon Roll Muffins are quick and easy.
First, make the filling by combining the brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
Next, combine the wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
Then, combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Now, add the cubed butter into the dry ingredients and work it in with your fingers until the butter is the size of small peas.
Next, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and toss together with your hands until a dough is formed.
And the dough is done! Now we roll and shape
Now, roll the dough into an 11 inch by 7 inch rectangle.
Then, spread the melted vegan butter followed by the filling evenly across the dough.
Next, roll the dough into a log.
Finally, cut 8 equal cinnamon rolls, place them into the cupcake pan and bake!
Top Recipe Tips
I have three top tips for this No Yeast Vegan Cinnamon Roll Recipe.
First is be sure to use a vegan butter that comes in a stick form. Do not use the kind that comes in a tub, here. It will be too soft.
Next is measure the roll when it is rolled up into a log. The log needs to be 12 inches. If its smaller, the cinnamon rolls may be too wide for the cupcake pan.
Finally, don't over mix the dough! As soon as the dough comes together stop mixing and roll it out.
To store these Vegan No Yeast Cinnamon Roll Muffins, place them into an airtight container and freeze for up to a month.
I don't recommend storing them at room temperature for more than one day.
Looking for More Easy Baking Recipes?
Classic Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies by: Sweet Simple Vegan
No Yeast Cinnamon Roll Muffins (Vegan)
- 1 Large Bowl
- 3 Medium Bowls
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Pastry Brush
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Knife
- 1 Muffin Tin
- 1 Measuring Tape
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- ½ Cup Non-Dairy Milk I used oat milk
- 2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 8 tablespoon Vegan Butter, cut into ¼" cubes, cold
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
For the Filling
- 1 ½ tablespoon Melted Vegan Butter
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
For the Glaze
- ¼ Cup Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 teaspoon Non-Dairy Milk (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375* F. Line a muffin tin with 8 liners.
Make the Filling
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon into a bowl and stir until well combined.½ Cup Brown Sugar, 2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Make the Dough
- In a medium bowl, combine non-dairy milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.½ Cup Non-Dairy Milk, 2 teaspoon Lemon Juice, 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.2 Cups All Purpose Flour, ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar, 2 teaspoon Baking Powder, ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda, ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Add the cold cubed butter into the flour mixture and using your fingers, work the butter into the flour until the butter is the size of small peas. See photo for reference.8 tablespoon Vegan Butter, cut into ¼" cubes, cold
- Pour the non-dairy milk mixture into the flour mixture and toss together with your hands until a rough dough is formed. It will look dry at first, but keep breaking the wetter chunks apart and it will come together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface.
- Using your hands, press the dough into a rectangle. Then using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into an 11"x7" rectangle.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the dough with melted butter.1 ½ tablespoon Melted Vegan Butter
- Add the cinnamon sugar filling to the dough and spread evenly.
- Roll the dough toward you into a log shape.
- The log should measure 12". If it doesn't, gently squeeze it with your hands until it is. Then cut the log into 8 evenly sized cinnamon rolls
- Place each cinnamon roll into the muffin tin and gently press down to make sure its in the bottom of the tin.
- Bake in a 375* oven for 19-21 minutes, turning halfway through. The tops of the cinnamon rolls should be lightly browned.
Make the Gaze
- Meanwhile make the glaze by combining vegan cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl with a whisk.¼ Cup Vegan Cream Cheese, 1 Cup Powdered Sugar, sifted, ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- If you like a thinner glaze, add some optional non dairy milk here. I like a thick glaze so I didn't add any.1-2 teaspoon Non-Dairy Milk
Glaze the Cinnamon Rolls
- Spread the glaze onto each cinnamon roll and serve warm.
Leave a Reply