This Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola is easy to make, has BIG clusters and is vegan and oil free. And its way tastier than the store bought stuff.
This granola takes just a 8 ingredients and a few minutes to stir together. It bakes into big chocolate granola clusters that are perfect to snack on with yogurt, as cereal or on their own.
Here is what you will need:
Oats: Old fashioned rolled oats. Don't sub quick or instant oats, here.
Crisp Rice Cereal: This keeps the granola light and crisp.
Peanut Butter: The runny natural kind- I like Smuckers. I add a lot of peanut butter to keep this granola oil free.
Agave Nectar: For sweetness.
Cocoa Powder: For that chocolatey flavor.
Salt: For balance.
Vanilla: Vanilla lends a warm background flavor.
Roasted Peanuts: For even more peanut flavor.
Substiutions and Variations
If you don't have agave nectar, you can use maple syrup.
Instead of chopped roasted peanuts, feel free to add any nut you like. Almonds, cashews or pecans would all work well, here.
For even more chocolate, add ½ cup of chocolate chips to the granola once it has cooled.
If you love dried fruit in your granola, add ½ cup raisins, or chopped dates to the granola once it has cooled.
This Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola is so simple and quick to make you will never buy store bought granola again.
First, whisk together agave, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt.
Next, add peanut butter and fold in with a spatula.
Then, add rolled oats, crisp rice cereal and peanuts and fold together until everything is well coated.
Finally, spread the mixture onto a sheet pan and bake! You will be left with big chocolate granola clusters that are perfect to snack on.
Allow the granola to come to room temperature.
Then, store in at airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
Looking for More Breakfast Recipes?
Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Rubber Spatula
- 1 Sheet Tray
- Parchment Paper
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- ½ Cup Agave
- 3 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Crisp Rice Cereal
- ½ Cup Roughly Chopped Roasted Unsalted Peanuts
- Preheat oven to 325*. Line a sheet tray with parchment.
- In a large bowl. Combine agave, cocoa powder, salt and vanilla with a whisk.½ Cup Agave, 3 tablespoon Cocoa Powder, 1 teaspoon Vanilla, ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Add peanut butter and stir together with a spatula until well combined.½ Cup Peanut Butter
- Add oats, crisp rice cereal and chopped peanuts and fold together until everything is well coated in the peanut butter mixture.3 Cups Rolled Oats, 1 Cup Crisp Rice Cereal, ½ Cup Roughly Chopped Roasted Unsalted Peanuts
- Scrape granola onto a parchment lined baking sheet, spread out evenly and lightly press down with the back of a spatula.
- Bake in a 325* oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven to lightly stir, but be careful not to break up all of the clusters here. Return to the oven for 12-15 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. The granola will crisp up as it cools.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks