This Single Serving Blueberry Crisp is quick, healthy and perfect to make for breakfast or dessert. AND it uses fewer than 10 ingredients!
This blueberry crisp recipe is the perfect quick dessert or special breakfast. It serves only one, because I often don't want an entire crisp or crumble all to myself, you know? For even more ease, I use frozen blueberries and basic pantry staples to create this Single Serving Blueberry Crisp.
Ingredients for Making Single Serving Blueberry Crisp
Frozen Blueberries: You can use any berries except for strawberries. I usually have blueberries on hand so thats what I used. But, a berry blend would be great!
Lemon Juice: Lemon juice adds just a bit of acidity to the frozen berries.
Flour: To thicken the juices that the berries release. This creates the most velvety sauce!
Oats: For the crumble topping.
Maple Syrup: To add a little sweetness.
Nut Butter: Nut butter just holds the topping together. You can use any nut butter you like- peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter. Your pick!
Cinnamon: I cant make a crumble without a little hint of cinnamon. It just makes the oaty topping delicious.
How to Make the Single Serve Berry Crisp
You will need an 8 ounce ramekin or other small oven safe dish for this Single Serve Blueberry Crisp recipe.
Then, in a small bowl, combine blueberries, flour, lemon juice and a bit of maple syrup and toss them together.
Next, add them to the baking dish.
Rinse the bowl, then make the crisp topping in the same bowl. Simply combine oats, nut butter, maple syrup and pinch of salt and cinnamon. Mix together until the mixture is homogenous.
Then, add the crumble on top of the berries. Make sure to press it down with the palm of your hand to ensure that it stays.
And thats it! Just bake it and you have a Single Serving Blueberry Crisp. Super quick and easy and minimal clean up.
Looking for More Berry Desserts?
Grain Free Berry Crisp by: Minimalist Baker
Single Serving Blueberry Crisp
- 1 8 ounce ramekin or similar size baking dish
- 1 Small Bowl
- 1 Spatula
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
For the Blueberry Filling
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- 2 teaspoon All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ tsp Maple Syrup
For the Topping
- ⅓ Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Tbsp Nut Butter any type will work!
- 1 ½ tsp Maple Syrup
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- In a small bowl, combine frozen berries, flour, maple syrup and lemon juice. Toss together with a spoon, place mixture in a small oven safe dish.
- Rinse the small bowl that you used for the berries and then mix the crumble topping in it. To the bowl add oats, nut butter of choice, maple syrup, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Top the berry mixture with the crumble and press it down with your fingers.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 30 minutes. Let cool a bit before enjoying.