This recipe for a Single Serving Vegan Double Chocolate Cookie is completely eggless and dairy-free! These cookies are intensely chocolatey and absolutely delicious.
Sometimes you need a single-serving dessert. And even better if it is a chocolate dessert. This recipe technically makes two cookies, but I still consider it a single serving. and they are super chocolatey and fudgy and only require 20 minutes in total to make!
Double chocolate cookies are SO good when they are done well. They are like a cross between a chewy fudgy brownie and a cookie. Also, if you want a double chocolate cookie that makes more than 2 cookies, look no further than my Vegan Hot Cocoa Cookies.
Vegan Butter: Any vegan butter will work, here.
Baking Soda: A bit of baking soda helps these cookies spread.
Chocolate Chips: They wouldn't be vegan and dairy-free double chocolate cookies without chocolate chips!
Instead of double dark chocolate cookies, swap Enjoy Life White Chips for the chocolate chips.
This Single Serving Vegan Double Chocolate Cookie is super easy to make. Here's how:
First, mix the melted butter and brown sugar together.
Next, add the non-dairy milk and vanilla and stir.
Then, add the cocoa and stir until well combined.
Now, add flour, salt and baking soda and mix until JUST combined. Be careful not to over-mix at this stage.
Finally, stir the chocolate chips in, divide the dough into two cookie dough balls and bake!
It is hard to tell when the vegan single-serving double chocolate cookies are done since they are a deep brown color.
The cookies shouldn't need to bake for more than 10 minutes and all you are looking for is for the edges to feel set when touched with a finger.
To store, place these dairy-free and vegan double chocolate cookies into an airtight container and freeze. Reheat in a microwave or toaster oven.
Looking for More Single Serving Recipes?
Single Serving Vegan Double Chocolate Cookie
- 1 Small Bowl
- 1 Spoon
- 1 Baking Sheet
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Parchment Paper
- 1 tablespoon Dairy-Free Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon Light Brown Sugar, tightly packed
- 1 tablespoon Non-Dairy Milk
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 5 teaspoon Natural Cocoa Powder see note
- ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ⅛ teaspoon Baking Soda
- Pinch Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoon Chocolate Chips plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350* F and line a sheet tray with parchment.
- In a small bowl using a spoon, stir melted butter and brown sugar together.1 tablespoon Dairy-Free Butter, melted, 2 tablespoon Light Brown Sugar, tightly packed
- Add non-dairy milk and vanilla and stir to combine, then add cocoa powder and stir until completely combined.1 tablespoon Non-Dairy Milk, ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract, 5 teaspoon Natural Cocoa Powder
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Stir until just combined. Then, add chocolate chips and stir to distribute.¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour, ⅛ teaspoon Baking Soda, Pinch Kosher Salt, 2 tablespoon Chocolate Chips
- Split the dough into 2 mounds of dough and place them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Top with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are just set. Allow to tool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then enjoy!
Let me know how you liked this recipe and if you were able to change any double chocolate cookie haters minds!