These Easy Dairy-Free Fudgy Brownies are filled with chocolate and are simple to make! They are eggless and completely vegan!
I love chocolate desserts. From Vegan Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, to Vegan Hot Cocoa Cookies, to Vegan Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies, I cant get enough chocolate. But, brownies are a chocolate lovers ideal dessert. Fudgy and decadent, it doesn't get better than a classic brownie.
These brownies are simple, reliable and so easy to make. They require simple and tasty ingredients and just a few minutes to mix together. They're the ultimate quick dessert and they are delicious as is or with a scoop of vegan ice cream.
Here is what you need to make these Easy Dairy Free Fudgy Brownies:
Flour: Regular all purpose flour, here. I always recommend King Arthur brand.
Baking Powder: For leavening.
Salt: For balance.
Coconut and Canola Oil: For richness.
Sugar: Regular granulated sugar, here.
Cocoa Powder: Be sure to use a natural cocoa powder- not Dutch-processed. My favorite is Ghirardelli.
Flax Egg: A combination of ground flax and water act as a binder, here.
Apple Sauce: For moisture.
Chocolate: I like a combination of chocolate chips and chopped chocolate for texture variation, but use what you have! Just be sure the chocolate is dairy free!
These brownies come together really quickly! Here is how:
First, make the flax egg by stirring ground flax, water and vanilla together and set it aside.
Next, in a large bowl, combine melted coconut oil, canola oil, sugar and cocoa. Stir until well combined.
Then, add the flax egg and apple sauce and stir until well combined.
Now, add the flour, baking powder and salt and stir until just combined.
Next, add ⅔ cup of the chocolate.
Finally, scrape the mixture into a prepared pan, top with the remaining chocolate and bake the Easy Dairy Free Chocolate Brownies.
Where to Buy Dairy Free Chocolate
In my experience, many store-brand semi-sweet chocolate chips are dairy free.
I also like Enjoy Life brand Chocolate Chips
And for chocolate bars, I like Endangered Species 72% Chocolate.
Top Recipe Tip
When mixing the flour into the wet ingredients, mix until everything is *just* combined.
Mixing creates gluten and we want fudgy brownies not tough brownies!
What Kind of Pan
Be sure that you use a 9"x9" square pan, here.
If you use another size pan, the bake time will differ.
To store these Easy Dairy Free Fudgy Chocolate Brownies, allow them to cool completely, cut them into squares and place them in an airtight container.
Then, store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Or freeze for up to a month.
Looking for More Dairy Free Chocolate Recipes?
Vegan Chocolate Mousse by Heartful Table
Easy Dairy-Free Fudgy Brownies
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Spatula
- 1 8x8" Baking Pan
- Parchment Paper
- 2 tablespoon Ground Flax Seed
- 6 tablespoon Water
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Natural Cocoa Powder I like Ghirardelli
- ½ Cup Apple Sauce
- 1 ¼ Cups Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Chopped Semi-Sweet Chocolate, or Chocolate Chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350*. Spray a 8x8 baking pan with non-stick spray and line with a parchment sling for easy removal.
- In a small bowl, combine ground flax, water, and vanilla and set aside.2 tablespoon Ground Flax Seed, 6 tablespoon Water, 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine melted coconut oil, canola oil, sugar and cocoa powder. Stir with a spatula until well combined.¼ Cup Coconut Oil, melted, 2 tablespoon Canola Oil, 1 ½ Cup Sugar, 1 Cup Natural Cocoa Powder
- Next, add the flax mixture and apple sauce and stir to combine.½ Cup Apple Sauce
- Into the wet ingredients, add flour, baking powder and salt. Using a rubber spatula, stir until everything is just combined.1 ¼ Cups Flour, 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder, ½ teaspoon Salt
- Add ⅔ cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips into the batter and stir until evenly distributed.1 Cup Chopped Semi-Sweet Chocolate, or Chocolate Chips, divided
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly into the corners. Top the batter with the remaining ⅓ cup of chopped chocolate, gently pressing them into the batter.1 Cup Chopped Semi-Sweet Chocolate, or Chocolate Chips, divided
- Bake at 350 for 29-32 minutes, turning half-way through. The edges should feel set.
- Allow to cool before slicing and serving.
Let me know how this recipe worked for you and if there is anything you'd like to see me make next!