This Vegan Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie is is eggless, easy to make and a definite crowd pleaser. This skillet cookie bakes in just 25 minutes and is the perfect gooey and rich dessert to serve with ice cream.
Cookies are my favorite dessert to eat. I love how versatile they are. You can throw anything into a cookie and its always delicious. From the traditional Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies, to Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies and even all the way to Vegan Biscoff Stuffed Cookies, they are all incredible.
But, when making a dessert for a crowd I typically end up making a cake because they are so pretty. But, this Vegan Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet transforms a humble cookie into a gorgeous, decadent dessert that is perfect perfect for any occasion. All with no decorating skills required!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
I love this recipe and so does everyone who has ever tried it. Here are my top 5 reasons why:
- The recipe is perfect for beginners! Its so simple to make.
- This Vegan Cookie Skillet is eggless and dairy-free, so anyone can enjoy it!
- Its chewy, gooey and full of chocolate and salted caramel flavor.
- This recipe uses simple ingredients.
- Its customizable to whatever cookie mix-ins you have on hand.
Vegan Butter: As always I use Soy-Free Earth Balance. But, use whatever non-dairy butter you prefer.
Flax Egg: A flax egg is a combination of ground flax and water. It acts as a binder in this recipe, kind of how a regular egg would. But, since this salted caramel chocolate chip skillet cookie is vegan and eggless, flax egg it is!
Chocolate Chips: I like semi-sweet for this recipe, but use whatever you have on hand.
Soft Caramel Candy: I used Cocomels Sea Salt Caramels. They are so delcious! Just be sure you don't use hard caramels!
Flakey Sea Salt: I like to top this cookie skillet with a little extra flakey salt when it comes out of the oven.
Variations and Substitutions
You can use any cookie mix-ins you want for this recipe! Add pretzels, white chocolate chips or even walnuts or pecans. Don't be afraid to get creative.
But, if you want even more chocolate, make my Cookies and Cream Pizookie!
Step 1. Mix the flax egg by combining ground flax, water and vanilla. Mix and set aside.
Step 2. In a large bowl, cream vegan butter and brown sugar until creamy and smooth.
Step 3. Add the flax mixture and mix until well combined.
Step 4. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix to form the dough.
Step 5. Add chocolate chips and soft caramel candies and mix to distribute.
Step 6. Press the cookie dough into the skillet and top with additional caramels and chocolate chips and bake.
Wrap the skillet tightly with plastic and store at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Or, slice, transfer to an airtight container and freeze for up to a month.
No! You can use any oven safe, 10-inch skillet for this recipe.
Yes! Make the skillet cookie dough and press it into the pan and top it with toppings. Then wrap with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Allow to sit at room temperature while the oven preheats, then bake!
Expert Tips and Tricks
When topping the Vegan Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet with additional caramels and chocolate chips, try not to put the caramels right on the edge touching the skillet.
They will melt and stick to the skillet!
Looking for More Crowd Pleasing Desserts?
If you tried this Vegan Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Skillet recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Vegan Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Spatula
- 1 9-10 Inch Cast Iron Skillet Or other oven safe 9 to 10-inch skillet
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 2 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed
- 6 tablespoon Water
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 10 tablespoon Non-Dairy Butter, room temperature
- 1 ¼ Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 ¼ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ teaspoon Kosher Salt ½ teaspoon if using table salt
- 1 ¼ Cups Chocolate Chips, divided
- ¾ Cup Chopped Soft Caramel Candies, divided see note
- Flakey Sea Salt optional
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Grease a 9"-10" cast iron skillet with oil.
- In a small bowl, combine ground flax, water and vanilla. Stir and set aside.2 tablespoon Ground Flax Seed, 6 tablespoon Water, 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl using a wooden spoon or a hand mixer, cream the non-dairy butter and brown sugar until well combined and fluffy.10 tablespoon Non-Dairy Butter, room temperature, 1 ¼ Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- Add the flax egg and and stir until well combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until just combined.2 ¼ Cups All Purpose Flour, 1 teaspoon Baking Powder, ¾ teaspoon Kosher Salt, ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chips and ½ cup of chopped caramel candies and stir to distribute.1 ¼ Cups Chocolate Chips, divided, ¾ Cup Chopped Soft Caramel Candies, divided
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared cast iron pan and press it out evenly. Then, top with the remaining chocolate chips and caramel candies.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 24-27 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool slightly, top with a sprinkle of flakey sea salt and serve.Flakey Sea Salt