This Vegan Cookies and Cream Pizookie is a gooey skillet cookie that is super chocolatey and full of crushed Oreo cookies. Its easy to make and perfect served with dairy-free ice cream!
I love baking with Oreos! I've made a Vegan Oreo Cake and Oreo Whoopie Pies which are so tasty. And recently I made Vegan Oreo Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls which is the perfect way to eat Oreos for breakfast!
And, today I'm sharing this Vegan Oreo Pizookie. This recipe is fun, chocolatey and full of Oreos. Its the perfect crowd-pleasing dessert for any gathering, and is even better topped with ice cream!
What is a Pizookie?
A pizookie is a skillet cookie.
The word itself is a mash-up of the word pizza and cookie because it's a big flat cookie that is cut into pizza-shaped triangles to serve.
So, this Vegan Cookies and Cream Pizookie is a big Oreo skillet cookie. And its insanely decadent and delicous.
Vegan Butter: I always recommend Soy-Free Earth Balance Buttery Sticks.
Flax Egg: A combination of ground flax and water is the binder in this recipe.
White Chocolate Chips: I love the contrast white chocolate adds to this recipe, but you can use vegan milk chocolate chips if you like. My favorite vegan white chips are Enjoy Life White Chocolate Chips.
Oreos: It wouldn't be a Vegan Cookies and Cream Pizookie without Oreos!
How to Make This Recipe
Step 1. Cream the vegan butter and brown sugar together.
Step 2. Add the flax egg, instant coffee and vanilla and mix well.
Step 3. Add the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt and mix to form the dough.
Step 4. Add chopped Oreo cookies and white chocolate chips and fold them into the dough.
Step 5. Scrape the dough into a prepared cast iron skillet and top with more Oreo cookies.
Step 6. Bake until the vegan cookies and cream pizookie is set!
Expert Recipe Tips
Use Dutch-processed cocoa powder!
Changing the type of cocoa powder can change the results.
To tell when the pizookie is done, press the edge of the skillet cookie with you finger. The edges should feel set.
Transfer the remaining skillet cookie to a container with a tight fitting lid and keep it at room temperature for up to 3 days. Or freeze for up to a month.
I baked my skillet cookie in a 10" cast iron pan, so thats my top recommendation. You can also use a 9" cast iron pan, or a 9"-10" oven-safe stainless steel skillet. Do not use a non-stick pan for this recipe.
Look at the ingredients. If it says cocoa processed with alkali, then it is Dutch processed. If it says natural cocoa powder, then it is natural cocoa powder.
How to Serve
Slice the pizookie into triangles and use a spatula to remove the slices from the skillet.
I like to serve this Vegan Cookies and Cream Pizookie with cookies and cream ice cream on top.
But its delicious on its own, too!
Looking for More Vegan Chocolate Recipes?
If you tried this Vegan Cookies and Cream Pizookie recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Vegan Cookies and Cream Pizookie
- 1 10" Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Wooden Spoon or Rubber Spatula
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Knife
- 2 tablespoon Ground Flax Seed
- 6 tablespoon Water
- 2 teaspoon Instant Coffee Granules
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 8 tablespoon Vegan Butter
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar, tightly packed
- ½ Cup Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder, sifted see note
- 1 ½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Cup Vegan White Chocolate Chips I used Enjoy Life Brand
- 12 Oreos Roughly Chopped, divided
- Preheat oven to 350* and grease a 10" cast iron skillet with vegan butter or coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, combine flax, water, instant coffee and vanilla. Stir and set aside.2 tablespoon Ground Flax Seed, 6 tablespoon Water, 2 teaspoon Instant Coffee Granules, 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl with a wooden spoon or a spatula, cream the vegan butter and bornw sugar until well combined and fluffy.8 tablespoon Vegan Butter, 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar, tightly packed
- Add the flax mixture into the bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add the cocoa powder and stir until almost combined, then add the flour, baking powder and salt and stir just until the dough forms.½ Cup Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder, sifted, 1 ½ Cups All-Purpose Flour, 2 teaspoon Baking Powder, ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Add the white chocolate chips and 1 cup of the chopped Oreos (reserve some for the top) and stir to distribute.½ Cup Vegan White Chocolate Chips, 12 Oreos Roughly Chopped, divided
- Scrape the dough into a greased cast iron skillet and press the dough evenly into the skillet.
- Add the remaining chopped Oreos to the top and gently press them into the dough.12 Oreos Roughly Chopped, divided
- Bake for 23-25 minutes, or until the edges of the cookie are set.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.