This eggless Vegan Oreo Drip Cake is for all the cookies and cream lovers out there. This cake stacks moist chocolate cake layers with vanilla frosting mixed with crushed Oreo cookies. Then, its all topped off with a ganache drip and even more cookies for the perfect Oreo dessert!
I live baking with Oreos. They make any baked good that they are in fun and delicious! From Vegan Oreo Cupcakes to Oreo Cookie Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls, Oreos can do it all. And, I also love to make no-bake desserts like Vegan Oreo Balls with them, too!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This Vegan Oreo Cake is not only fun and delicious, but its also a showstopper. The chocolate cake layers are rich and moist, they are filled with a vegan cookies and cream filling and frosted with smooth vanilla frosting.
Top it all off with a ganache drip and all the Oreo cookies you can fit on top and you have a delicious vegan cookies and cream cake for any occasion.
Dutch-Processed Cocoa Powder: My favorite cocoa powders are Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Powder and the Whole Foods 365 brand. It lends a dark, rich flavor to this eggless Vegan Oreo Cake.
Instant Espresso: Instant espresso helps round out the cocoa flavor, making it more intense. But, you can substitute instant coffee if you can't find instant espresso.
Canola Oil: Canola oil keeps this cake nice and moist.
Oreos: It wouldn't be a Vegan Oreo Cake without Oreos. The Oreos are chopped up and mixed with buttercream to fill the cake and then placed on top as decoration.
Ganache: The vegan ganache drip on this cake is totally optional. But, I highly recommend it. Its an extra step, but the payoff is big in look and taste!
Vegan Vanilla Frosting: This recipe uses my simple Vegan Vanilla Frosting recipe to fill and frost this cake. But, you can buy store-bought and skip the step to make this cake recipe easier.
You will need either a stand mixer or a hand-mixer to make the frosting for this recipe.
You will also need a round piping tip like an Ateco 806.
Step 1. To make the cake layers, combine the dry ingredients for the chocolate cake in a bowl.
Step 2. Add the wet ingredients and whisk to form the batter.
Step 3. Portion the chocolate cake batter into cake pans.
Step 4. Bake and allow the layer to cool completely.
Step 5. Make the frosting by first creaming vegan butter until completely smooth.
Step 6. Add powdered sugar and mix well.
Step 7. Add vanilla and non-dairy milk.
Step 8. And mix the vanilla frosting until light and fluffy.
Step 9 & 10. Add chopped Oreos to some of the frosting to make Oreo buttercream.
Step 11. Place a cake layer onto a cake stand. Use a pastry bag fitted with a round tip to pipe vanilla frosting around the edge.
Step 12. Then, fill the circle with the Oreo buttercream. Top with another cake layer and repeat. Then, frost the exterior of the cake with vanilla frosting and refrigerate.
Step 13. Pour hot non-dairy milk over chocolate chips and allow them to melt for 5 minutes.
Step 14. Whisk until smooth and glossy.
Step 15. Remove the cake from the refrigerator and pour the ganache directly onto the center of the vegan Oreo cake, allowing it to drip over the edges. Place the cake into the refrigerator until the ganache is set.
Step 16. Top with more buttercream and Oreos as desired.
To store, cover the cake and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Bake the chocolate cake layers then allow them to cool. Then, wrap them tightly with plastic wrap and freeze them to up to a month! When proceeding with the recipe, stack the cake with the completely frozen cake layers because cakes can lose some structure when they defrost.
This recipe makes either a 3 layer 6-inch cake or a 8 layer 8-inch cake.
Expert Tips and Tricks
If you are a beginner at stacking cakes, turn the cake layers out from their pans and place them in the freezer for 30 minutes before stacking. This will give your eggless Vegan Oreo Cake more stability.
Be sure the cake is cold before pouring the ganache drip on top! If it is not, the frosting will melt.
And once you have poured the ganache onto the cake, place it back into the refrigerator before adding any more decoration. The ganache needs to be set or anything you put on top of it will slide around.
Looking for More Vegan Cake Recipes?
If you tried this Vegan Leek Risotto recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Vegan Oreo Drip Cake
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 Whisk
- Parchment Paper
- 3 6" Cake Pans
- Cake Board or Flat Plate for decorating
- Revolving Cake Stand for decorating, optional but will make it easier
- Mini Offset Spatula for decorating
- 2 Piping Bags
- Decorating Tips of Choice I used a medium round tip and a medium star tip.
For the Chocolate Cake
- 1 ½ Cups Unsweetened Plant Milk I used So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 6 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon Espresso Powder instant coffee will work, too
- 1 teaspoon White Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ Cups Sugar
- ½ Cup Dutch-Processed Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
For the Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1 ½ Cup Vegan Butter, room temperature See note
- 6 Cups Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoon Non-Dairy Milk
For the Ganache
- ½ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 6 tablespoon Unsweetened Plant Milk I used So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 8 Chopped Oreo Cookies, divided
- 4 halved Oreo Cookies
- Grease three 6-inch cake pans or 2 8-inch and insert parchment circles into the bottom of each of the pans. Preheat oven to 375* F.
- Into a large measuring cup or medium bowl, add non-dairy milk, canola oil, espresso powder, vinegar and vanilla. Whisk to combine and set aside.1 ½ Cups Unsweetened Plant Milk, 1 ½ teaspoon Espresso Powder, 1 teaspoon White Vinegar, 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract, 6 tablespoon Canola Oil
- Into a large bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.1 ½ Cup All Purpose Flour, ½ Cup Dutch-Processed Cocoa Powder, 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Soda, ¾ teaspoon Baking Powder, ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt, 1 ½ Cups Sugar
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until the mixture is just combined.
- Portion the batter evenly among the prepared cake pans. If you are weighing, it will be 12 oz per 6 inch pan or 18 oz per 8-inch pan.
- Bake in a 375* oven for 24-27 minutes, turning halfway through. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cake should come out cleanly.
- Cool completely before decorating.
Make the Buttercream Frosting
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the vegan butter until completely smooth.1 ½ Cup Vegan Butter, room temperature
- Add the powdered sugar and mix on low until combined. Add the vanilla and non-dairy milk and mix on medium until light and fluffy.6 Cups Powdered Sugar, sifted, 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract, 3 tablespoon Non-Dairy Milk
- Add 1 cup of buttercream into a medium bowl. Combine with ½ of a cup of chopped Oreos and stir until well combined. You should still have some chopped Oreos leftover.8 Chopped Oreo Cookies, divided
- Fit a piping bag with a round tip and fill with plain vanilla buttercream.
- Place a cake board onto a turntable and place a dollop of buttercream directly onto the board to keep the cake stable.
- Place a cake layer onto the board. Using the piping bag, pipe a vanilla buttercream boarder around the edge of the cake layer.
- Dollop half of the Oreo buttercream mixture onto the center of the cake layer and spread it out evenly. Top with a handful of additional chopped Oreos and top with another cake layer. Repeat.
- Frost the exterior of the cake with the remaining plain vanilla buttercream. Place the cake into the refrigerator. (See Note)
Make the Ganache
- Place the chocolate chips into a small cup or bowl- something that will be easy to pour from.½ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips, 6 tablespoon Unsweetened Plant Milk
- Bring non-dairy milk to a boil in a small saucepan. Then, pour the milk over the chocolate chips and cover. Wait 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and whisk until the ganache is homogenous and shiny. About 30 seconds.
Top the Cake
- Remove the cake from the fridge. Pour about ¾ of the ganache onto the center of the cake and use a small offset spatula to push the ganache over the sides of the cake. Place back in the fridge to set. See note!
- Once the ganache is set, top with more buttercream and more oreo cookies to finish. Enjoy!4 halved Oreo Cookies