These Vegan Cheesecake Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies are soft, chewy, completely eggless and stuffed with cream cheese filling.
These Vegan Cheesecake Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies take the cream cheese frosting that typically comes on a red velvet cake and puts it inside the cookie! The result is a soft chewy, cookie with a gooey cheese cake center. The ultimate vegan cookie.
Cookies are pretty perfect on their own, but when there is something gooey and delicious in the middle, it takes them to another level. Whether it be Vegan Cookie Butter Stuffed Cookies, or Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies or even my Vegan Linzer Cookies, filled cookies are just more fun!
For the vegan cheesecake stuffing you will need:
Vegan Cream Cheese: There are so many vegan cream cheeses on the market, but for these cookies I used Tofutti.
Granulated Sugar: To sweeten the filling up a bit.
Vanilla: For background flavor.
Flour: To make sure the cheese cake filling sets.
And for the cookies you will need:
Vegan Butter: I used Country Crock Plant Butter Sticks for this recipe.
Brown Sugar: For sweetness.
Flax Egg: I use a combination of ground flax and water as a binder.
Beet Powder: This is just for color, so you can leave it out. I used this beet powder from Drybox.
Vanilla: For background flavor.
Flour: Regular all purpose flour, here. I always recommend King Arthur Brand.
Cocoa Powder: Use a natural cocoa powder for this recipe, not dutch processed. I recommend Ghirardelli cocoa powder.
Baking Powder: As our leavening agent, here.
Salt: For balance.
White Chocolate Chips: I used Enjoy Life brand mini white chips.
These vegan eggless cream cheese red velvet cookies look advanced, but they are really easy to make. Here is how:
First, make the cheesecake filling by mixing the vegan cream cheese, sugar vanilla and flour together.
Then, using a very heaped teaspoon, scoop mounds onto a parchment lined baking sheet or plate and place in the freezer.
Now, to start the cookie dough, mix the flax egg and add the beet powder and vanilla to it and set aside.
Then, cream the butter and sugar, then add the flax mixture.
Now, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and mix to form the dough.
Finally, add the white chocolate chips and stir to distribute.
How to Stuff the Cookies
To stuff the Vegan Red Velvet Cookies, scoop ¼ cup cookie dough mounds.
Next, use your fingers to make a well in each dough mound.
Now, remove the cheesecake filling from the freezer and add one into each well and return the remaining cheesecake balls to the freezer.
Then, use your hands to cover the cheesecake ball with the cookie dough.
And now the cookies are ready to bake!
Top Recipe Tips
Give the cheesecake filling enough time in the freezer to be firm enough to handle without making a mess.
And return them to the freezer while the first round of cookies bakes, until you need them for the second round.
The beet powder is only for color in this recipe.
If you don't have it, this recipe can be be made without the beet powder, it will just be a light brown color from the cocoa powder.
To store these Vegan Cheesecake Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies, place them in an airtight container and store them at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Or place them in the freezer for up to a month.
Looking for More Cookie Recipes?
Vegan Cheesecake Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 2 Small Bowls
- 1 Spatula or Hand Mixer
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 2 Baking Sheets
For The Cheesecake Filling
- ½ Cup Vegan Cream Cheese I recommend Tofutti
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Flour
For the Cookie Dough
- 2 tablespoon Ground Flax
- 6 tablespoon Water
- 2 tablespoon Beet Powder I used Dry Box brand
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 8 tablespoon Vegan Butter
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 ¾ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Mini White Chocolate Chips I used Enjoy Life brand
Make the Cheesecake Filling
- In a medium bowl, combine vegan cream cheese, sugar and vanilla, stir well. Add the flour and stir well once more.½ Cup Vegan Cream Cheese, ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar, ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract, ¼ Cup Flour
- Line a baking tray or large plate with parchment, then using a teaspoon, scoop heaped mounds of the cheesecake mixture onto the parchment. You should gat 12 mounds.
- Transfer to the freezer.
Make the Cookie Dough
- In a small bowl, combine flax, water, beet powder and vanilla. Stir and set aside.2 tablespoon Ground Flax, 6 tablespoon Water, 2 tablespoon Beet Powder, 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar.8 tablespoon Vegan Butter, 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- Add the flax mixture and stir to combine.
- Into the bowl add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.1 ¾ Cup All Purpose Flour, 3 tablespoon Cocoa Powder, 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder, ¾ teaspoon Salt
- Add the white chocolate chip and stir to distribute.½ Cup Mini White Chocolate Chips
- Place a piece of plastic wrap over the bowl and allow to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
Stuff and Bake the Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring scoop, scoop 6 mounds of dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Use your fingers to create a well in the mounds.
- Remove the cheesecake balls from the freezer. Place on mound in each well and return the remaining ones to the freezer.
- Press the dough around the cheesecake balls so its in the center of the cookie dough.
- Place the 6 mounds evenly spaced onto the baking sheet and bake in a 350* oven for 19-20 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are set.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer them to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Repeat with remaining dough.