These dairy-free and Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, chewy and filled with warm spices and chocolate chips. They're the perfect, easy Autumn dessert!
And these Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect baking project for beginner bakers and cookie lovers alike. This recipe is super simple, but the pay-off is delicious, soft and chewy cookies that marry chocolate chips with pumpkin spice.
The ingredients you need to make these Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are super simple. Here is what you need:
Non-Dairy Butter: My favorite non-dairy butter options for baking are Earth Balance Soy-Free Buttery Sticks and Country Crock Plant Butter Sticks.
Brown Sugar: Sugar adds sweetness, promotes browning and chewiness.
Pumpkin Pureé: For a some real pumpkin flavor.
Vanilla: A splash of vanilla extract for good measure.
All Purpose Flour: My preferred brand is King Arthur. The quality is unmatched!
Leaveners: A combo of baking powder and baking soda keep these cookies super soft, but still chewy.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: They wouldn't be dairy-free Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies with out plenty of pumpkin pie spice! If you don't have a blens, I'll tell you what combination of spices to use below.
Non-Dairy Chocolate Chips: Last but certainly not least, plenty of chocolate chips.
These Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are SO simple to make.
First, cream the vegan butter and brown sugar together.
Next, add the pumpkin purée and vanilla and mix to combine.
Now, add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, leaveners, and salt and mix until JUST combined.
Then, add chocolate chips and stir to distribute.
Next, scoop the dough onto a sheet tray and roll it into balls with your hands and chill for one hour.
How to Find Vegan Chocolate Chips
There are so many great non-dairy chocolate chip options out there!
Tollhouse makes a line called Simply,
And, of course, Enjoy Life has a bunch of great options, too.
But, my trick for getting ones that don't cost double the price of other chocolate chips is to look at the store brand. In my area, every single store has vegan chocolate chips.
Just be sure to double-check the ingredients!
My Favorite Pumpkin Purée
I have two favorite brands of store-bought pumpkin purée. They are:
Just be sure to buy pumpkin purée, not pumpkin pie mix!
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
To make your own homemade pumpkin pie spice, combine:
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ginger, ¼ teaspoon allspice, and a pinch of each nutmeg and clove.
Mix these spices together and you're good to go!
Top Recipe Tips
Don't over-mix the dough once you add the flour! To help avoid this, I like to add the chocolate chips when the flour is almost mixed in.
Second, don't skip the chill time! The chill time gives the flour time to hydrate and helps these cookies bake up thick, chewy and moist.
To store these Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, place them in an airtight container and leave at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Or, freeze for up to a month.
Looking for More Cookie Recipes to Try?
If you tried this Vegan Leek Risotto recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 8 tablespoon Non-Dairy Butter
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar, tightly packed
- ⅓ Cup Pumpkin Pureé
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 ¾ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice See note to make your own!
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt ¼ teaspoon if using fine grain salt
- 1 Cup Non-Dairy Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl using a wooden spoon or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the non-dairy butter and brown sugar until its well combined and fluffy.8 tablespoon Non-Dairy Butter, 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar, tightly packed
- Add pumpkin and vanilla and stir well to combine.2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract, ⅓ Cup Pumpkin Pureé
- Add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until JUST combined. Then add chocolate chips and mix until they are distributed.2 Cups All Purpose Flour, 2 ¾ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice, 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder, ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda, ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt, 1 Cup Non-Dairy Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop mounds of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Then roll each mound into a ball using the palms of your hands.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and place the tray into the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Line another baking sheet with parchment and place 6-8 dough balls onto it leaving at least 2 ½" of space between each. Use your palm to gently press the dough balls down a bit (see photo for reference).
- Bake in a 350* oven for 15-18 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to completely cool.
- Repeat with the remaining cookie dough.