These Vegan Funfetti Cookies are eggless and dairy free, simple to make, full of sprinkles and bake up soft and chewy. They are a definite crowd-pleaser!
Cookies are perfect for beginner bakers. They are quick, easy and they are always delicious! And these Vegan Funfetti Cookies are no exception. They have that classic intense vanilla flavor of a sugar cookie, but lots of sprinkles, too.
You only need eight ingredients to make these Vegan Funfetti cookies! Here is what they are:
Flour: Regular All Purpose flour here. I always use King Arthur flour.
Baking Powder: Baking powder keeps these cookies really nice and soft.
Salt: Kosher salt, please. But if you use table salt, halve the amount.
Sugar: Regular granulated sugar.
Non-Dairy Milk: I used oat milk, but any vegan milk will work.
Vanilla: Plenty of vanilla extract for flavor,
Sprinkles: Vegan sprinkles are added to the cookie dough at the very end.
You will not believe how easy it is to make these Vegan Sprinkle Cookies!
Begin by creaming the butter and sugar together.
Next, add the non-dairy milk and vanilla.
Then, add flour, baking powder and salt. And mix until JUST combined.
Now, add the sprinkles and stir to distribute.
Next, scoop the cookie dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and roll each dough mound in your palms to make them round.
Then, dip the top of each cookie dough ball in sprinkles, wrap the baking sheet with plastic and chill the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Finally, bake until the edges are golden!
If you want these eggless Vegan Funfetti Cookies to taste more like birthday cake, add ¼ teaspoon of almond extract to the dough.
Vegan sprinkles can actually be hard to find in a grocery store. I recommend ordering them online.
Here are the vegan sprinkles I have.
My Favorite Baking Sheets
I've tested a lot of baking sheets through many years of baking. My favorite are these by Nordicware.
They are sturdy, heat evenly and don't warp!
They will give you perfect Vegan Funfetti Cookies every time.
Top Recipe Tips
Once you add the dry ingredients into the bowl, don't over-mix! Mix until the dough is just combined. Otherwise, you could end up with a tough cookie.
I know its tempting, but don't skip the chill time! The chill time allows the flour to hydrate which yields thick, soft, and chewy cookies.
To store these Dairy-Free Vegan Funfetti Cookies, transfer to an airtight container and keep at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Or, store in an airtight container and freeze for up to a month.
Looking for More Sprinkle Recipes?
Vegan Funfetti Cookies
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl OR Stand Mixer
- 1 Spatula
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 2 Baking Sheets
- Parchment Paper
- 8 tablespoon Vegan Butter I used Earth Balance Buttery Sticks
- 1 Cups Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt ¼ teaspoon if using fine salt
- 7 tablespoon Vegan Rainbow Sprinkles, divided
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment OR in a large bowl with a spatula, cream non-dairy butter and sugar until well combined and fluffy.8 tablespoon Vegan Butter, 1 Cups Granulated Sugar
- Add the non-dairy milk and vanilla into the butter mixture and mix until well combined.¼ Cup Non-Dairy Milk, 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until the dough is just forming.2 Cups All-Purpose Flour, 2 teaspoon Baking Powder, ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Next, add the ¼ cup of rainbow sprinkles and stir until distributed.7 tablespoon Vegan Rainbow Sprinkles, divided
- Using a sprayed ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop mounds of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Then, roll the dough into balls between the palms of your hands. You should get about 10 cookies.
- Add the remaining sprinkles to a small bowl and dunk the tops of the cookie dough balls into it and return them to the baking sheet.
- Wrap the baking sheet tightly and chill the dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Place dough balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet leaving at least 2 ½ inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 17-20 minutes, or until the edges are just starting to get golden.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
Let me know how you like this recipe and if there is anything you'd like to see next!