This Vegan Cookie Cake recipe is filled with chocolate chips, easy to make and a definite crowd pleaser. This is the perfect cake to make for the cookie lover in your life!
We all have that friend who isn't into cake. So what do you make for those people when their birthday comes around? This Vegan Cookie Cake of course.
Ingredients for Making the Vegan Cookie Cake
This cookie cake recipe is SO simple to make. Here is what you will need.
Vegan Butter: My preferred type of vegan butter are Soy Free Earth Balance Buttery Sticks.
Sugar: Regular granulated sugar, here.
Molasses: Molasses lends a brown sugar flavor to this recipe.
Flax Egg: A combination of ground flax and water makes a flax egg! The flax egg helps bind the cookie dough.
Vanilla: Vanilla rounds the flavor out.
Flour: Basic all purpose is all you need for this recipe.
Baking Powder and Soda: To keep this cookie chewy, not dense.
Salt: For balance.
Chocolate Chips: I added plenty of chocolate chips to this Vegan Cookie Cake.
Finding the Right Tart Pan
There are many different tart pans out there. I always prefer ones with a removable bottom for easy slicing and serving. It makes everything way easier, so thats what I recommend.
I used a 10 inch tart pan, but if yours is 9 inches, this recipe will still work, your cookie cake will just be a little thicker.
How to Decorate the Vegan Cookie Cake
I chose my Vegan Chocolate Buttercream Frosting to decorate my cake. But if you don't want to make frosting, store bought is fine.
There are SO many vegan options.
Check out this Grocery Store Vegan Frosting Guide by The Vegans Pantry for a more detailed look into the options.
How to Store the Cookie Cake
This cookie cake is best the day of or next day, so don't make it too far in advance. To store it, keep it in the tart pan and tightly wrap it with plastic wrap.
Keep the tightly wrapped cookie cake at room temperature for no more that 2 days.
Looking for More Cookie Lover Recipes?
Vegan Cookie Cake
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon or Electric Hand Mixer
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 10" Tart Pan, ideally with a removable bottom
- 4 tablespoon Vegan Butter
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Molasses
- 1 tablespoon Ground Flax
- 3 tablespoon Water
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 18 tablespoon Flour This is 1 Cup + 2 Tbsp
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Scant ¾ Cup Chocolate Chips, divided
- ½ Recipe Vegan Chocolate Frosting Linked Below
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Grease a 10" tart pan.
- In a small bowl, combine flax, water and vanilla. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream vegan butter, sugar and molasses together with either a wooden spoon or an electric hand mixer.
- Add the flax mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Add a half cup of chocolate chips and stir to distribute.
- Scrape the dough into the greased tart pan and press out all the way to the edges. Press 2-3 tablespoons of chocolate chips Ito the top of the cake to make sure the entire cake has plenty.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 21-24 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Decorate as desired with chocolate buttercream and serve.