This Vegan Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blondies Recipe is egg free, dairy free and SO easy to make. These blondies are soft, chewy and delicious.Jump to Recipe
These blondies are soft, chewy full of big peanut butter flavor an chocolate. They are everything a good blondie should be. All while being gluten free and vegan!
Homemade Oat Flour: Instead of flour, this recipe uses homemade oat flour.
Peanut Butter: Be sure to use a natural peanut butter.
Light Brown Sugar: For sweetness, moisture and structure.
Ground Flax: Since these blondies are egg free, we will use a flax egg as the binder.
Plant Milk: I used oat milk, but any kind will work.
Salt: For balance.
Baking Powder: Baking powder will leaven these Vegan Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blondies.
Vanilla Extract: For a warm background flavor.
Chocolate Chips: Use whatever chocolate chips you like here. I like Enjoy Life.
This Vegan Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blondies recipe is quick and easy.
First, make the flax egg by combining the ground flax with the non dairy milk and vanilla and set it aside.
Next, stir the peanut butter and brown sugar together.
Then add the flax egg and stir until combined.
Now, add the oat flour, baking powder and salt and stir to combine. The mixture will be thick!
Finally, add the chocolate chips and scrape the batter into a prepared pan to bake!
Top Recipe Tip
To prepare the pan, grease it with coconut oil and insert a parchment sling.
This will allow you to remove the Vegan Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blondies from the pan to cut them.
Top Natural Peanut Butter Recommendations
It is important to use natural peanut butter in this recipe. The kind that needs a stir before you use it.
My favorite peanut butter brand is Teddie. But, if you can't find it, I also like Smuckers.
Make Your Own Oat Flour
Do not use store-bought oat flour in this recipe. It will be too fine and absorbent.
Making homemade oat flour is easy and cheap!
To do it, add oats to a blender or food processor and process them until they are finely ground.
Use any nut butter you like in this recipe! You could use almond butter, cashew butter.
Also, feel free to use any chocolate chips you like. Milk chocolate or white chocolate would also be great. Just make sure they don't contain milk to keep these blondies dairy free.
To store, allow the Vegan Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blondies to cool then cut them into squares. Then, place them into an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to four days.
Or freeze for up to a month.
Looking for More Peanut Butter Recipes?
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blondies
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Small Mixing Bowl
- 1 8x8 Square Baking Pan
- 1 Rubber Spatula
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Parchment Paper
- 1 Cup Creamy Natural Peanut Butter
- ¾ Cup Light Brown Sugar, tightly packed
- 2 tablespoon Ground Flax
- ½ Cup Non-Dairy Milk I used oat milk, but any milk will work
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ Cups Homemade Oat Flour See note
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 ½ Cups Chocolate Chips or Chopped Chocolate, divided I used a combination
- Preheat oven to 350*. Prepare a 8x8 baking pan by greasing it with coconut oil and inserting a parchment sling..
- In a small bowl, combine the flax and non-dairy milk. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl using a rubber spatula, stir the peanut butter and brown sugar together.
- Add the flax mixture into the peanut butter mixture and stir well.
- Add homemade oat flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl and stir to combine.
- Next 1 cup of the chocolate chips and stir to distribute.
- Transfer batter in to prepared baking pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Top with the remaining ½ cup of chocolate chip and press them into the batter.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 28-31 minutes, turning the pan halfway through. They are done when the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool completely, cut and serve!
Let me know how this recipe worked for you! I hope you all stay safe and healthy!
How have I never thought of this combination?!! These look truly delicious, thank you so much for sharing your recipe.
They are so chewy and delicious! Thanks so much 🙂