These Healthy Gluten-Free Pumpkin Blondies use oat flour and cashew butter to create a delicious, chewy blondie that is unbelievably eggless!
I love baking with oat flour! The flavor and texture are perfect and its a simple way to make gluten-free baked goods without needing to purchase 10 types of flour. I love to make Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Muffins, or Vegan Peanut Butter Blondies. And today, were making another blondie!
These Gluten Free Pumpkin Blondies are so delicious and chewy. They are well-spiced and don't require any specialty gluten-free flour to make! Just rolled oats. While these blondies are healthy, they taste decadent and are one of my favorite pumpkin desserts.
Homemade Oat Flour: Its important to use homemade oat flour here. I'll get into why below.
Cashew Butter: I used cashew butter for these blondies, but you could use almond or sunflower seen butter, too!
Canned Pumpkin: Be sure to use canned pumpkin not canned pumpkin pie mix! The pumpkin acts as an egg replacer in this eggless blondies.
Non-Dairy Milk: I used oat milk but any non-dairy milk will work.
Vanilla: For background flavor.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: If you don't buy pumpkin pie spice, I'll tell you how to make your own.
Chocolate Chips: Any chocolate chips you prefer will be great, here. I love Enjoy Life Brand.
These Healthy Gluten Free Pumpkin Blondies are SO easy to make. Here is how to do it:
First, combine the cashew butter and brown sugar in a large bowl using a spatula.
Then, add the pumpkin puree, non-dairy milk and vanilla and mix well.
Next, add homemade oat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt and mix until combined.
Now, fold in a cup of chocolate chips and scrape the batter into a prepared 8x8 inch square pan and spread the batter into the corners.
Finally, top with some more chocolate and bake!
My Favorite Canned Pumpkin
My favorite brands are:
They are both great and easy to find.
Top Recipe Tip
It is important to use homemade oat flour for this recipe.
Store-bought oat flour is really finely milled and will absorb liquid differently than homemade oat flour.
So if you use store-bought oat flour, these Gluten Free Pumpkin Blondies might be dry.
Homemade Oat Flour
Oat flour is my favorite gluten-free flour because you don't need to blend it with anything.
To make your own oat flour, simply process rolled oats in a food processor or blender until they are finely ground. Thats it!
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
If you purchase pumpkin pie spice, use it here!
If not, here is how to make your own:
Mix together 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon and ginger, and ¼ teaspoon each of nutmeg and allspice.
My Favorite Square Baking Pan
My favorite 8-inch square pan is this one by USA pans.
It is sturdy and bakes really evenly and I love that it has sharp corners.
To store these eggless Gluten-Free Pumpkin Blondies, first, allow them to cool completely.
Then, slice the blondies and transfer them to an airtight container.
Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Or freeze for up to a month.
Looking for More Pumpkin Recipes?
If you tried this Vegan Leek Risotto recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Gluten-Free Oat Flour Pumpkin Blondies
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Rubber Spatula
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 8x8" Square Pan
- Parchment Paper
- ¾ Cup Cashew Butter
- ¾ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree Not Pumpkin Pie Filling!
- ¼ Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 ¾ Cups Homemade Oat Flour Don't sub store bought!
- 2 ½ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice See note to make your own!
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt ¼ teaspoon if using table salt
- 1 ¼ Cup Chocolate Chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Prepare an 8x8 inch square pan by greasing it and inserting a parchment sling for easy removal.
- In a large bowl, combine cashew butter and brown sugar. Stir to combine with a rubber spatula.¾ Cup Cashew Butter, ¾ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- Add pumpkin puree, non-dairy milk and vanilla and stir to combine.½ Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree, ¼ Cup Non-Dairy Milk, 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Add oat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt. Stir until combined.1 ¾ Cups Homemade Oat Flour, 2 ½ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice, 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder, ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chips and fold them un until evenly distributed.1 ¼ Cup Chocolate Chips, divided
- Scrape batter into the prepared 8x8 inch square pan. Spread evenly, then top with the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake the blondies in a 350* oven for 28-30 minutes or until the edges are golden.
Let me know how you like this recipe and if there is anything you'd like to see me make next!