This Vegan Banana Pumpkin bread is moist, filled with spices and completely eggless! The perfect treat to make with you can't decide between banana bread and pumpkin bread.
This Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread is the best of banana bread and pumpkin bread rolled into one. This is my favorite way to ease into Autumn baking. Because making this loaf in August feels like less of a betrayal to summer since it has banana in it. Right?
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this loaf! Here is what they are:
All-Purpose Flour: All-purpose flour is all we need to make this vegan pumpkin banana bread. I always buy King Arthur because I think the quality is the best.
Leaveners: A combination of baking soda and baking powder help this loaf rise high.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: I used a pumpkin spice mix, but ill leave a homemade blend below if you don't have one!
Overripe Bananas: We're talking mostly brown bananas, here. If you use bananas that are just ripe, this loaf won't be sweet enough.
Pumpkin Purée: I use canned pumpkin every single time. Be sure to grab pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix!
Brown Sugar: Granulated sugar gives this loaf moisture and a soft texture.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla rounds out all of the spice and molasses flavors.
This Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread is soft, well-spice and comes together to fast
First, combine the flour, leaverners, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl and whisk. Whisking the dry ingredients together disperses the spices and the leaveners.
Next, I scale the sugar, and oil into a large bowl and whisk them together. Then add, banana, pumpkin and vanilla and whisk again.
Then, simply add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold with a spatula until everything is JUST combined.
Finally, scrape the batter into a prepared loaf pan and bake!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
If you don't have a store-bought pumpkin pie spice, use this mix:
Two teaspoons cinnamon, one and a half teaspoons ginger, a quarter teaspoon allspice and a pinch of ground clove.
My Favorite Canned Pumpkin Purée
I like both brands equally.
Top Recipe Tip
Wait for the loaf to cool completely before slicing it. The loaf will be very delicate until it is completely cool.
And, when the loaf is ready to slice, use a serrated bread knife. This will make slicing so much easier.
To store this eggless Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread, slice, tightly wrap and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
OR slice, transfer to a bag and freeze for up to a month.
To reheat, remove individual slices and heat in a toaster oven or microwave.
Looking for More Pumpkin Recipes?
Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 Rubber Spatula
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 8x4 Loaf Pan
- Parchment Paper
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt ¼ teaspoon if using fine grain salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 ¾ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Cup Mashed Overripe Banana About 2 large bananas
- ¾ Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Grease an 8"x4" loaf pan with oil and fit with a parchment sling for easy removal.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder baking soda and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk well to combine.2 Cups All Purpose Flour, 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder, ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt, ½ teaspoon Baking Soda, 3 ¾ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and canola oil. Whisk well, then add the banana, pumpkin and vanilla and whisk once more until well combined.1 Cup Mashed Overripe Banana, ¾ Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree, ¾ Cup Brown Sugar, ½ Cup Canola Oil, 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Add the dry mixture into the bowl and use a rubber spatula to fold together until just combined.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and spread out evenly with a spatula.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 45-55 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf come out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.