This Vegan Banana Pumpkin bread is moist, filled with spices and completely eggless! The perfect treat to make with you can't decide between banana bread and pumpkin bread.
This Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread is the best of banana bread and pumpkin bread rolled into one. This is my favorite way to ease into Autumn baking. Because making this loaf in August feels like less of a betrayal to summer since it has banana in it.
All Purpose Flour: All purpose flour is all we need to make this banana bread. I always buy King Arthur because I think the quality is the best.
Leaveners: A combination of baking soda and baking powder help this loaf rise high.
Spices: Plenty of cinnamon and ginger with a bit of allspice and clove.
Overripe Bananas: We're talking mostly brown bananas, here. Not just spotty bananas. Some of the sweetness in this bread comes from overripe bananas. So, don't use just ripe ones or the loaf won't be sweet enough.
Pumpkin Puree: I use canned pumpkin every single time. I rotate between Libbys and Farmers Market brands, depending on which grocery store I go to. I like both brands equally. Do be sure to grab pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix!
Sugar: Granulated sugar gives this loaf moisture and a soft texture.
Molasses: Molasses gives this loaf a warm brown sugar flavor that is divine in this loaf. Use unsulphured, fancy molasses- not blackstrap.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla rounds out all of the spice and molasses flavors.
If you purchase pumpkin spice mix, feel free to use it in this recipe. Just replace the total volume of the spices with equal volume of pumpkin pie spice.
I like to keep my methods really simple for all baking. For this bread, I first combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk. Whisking the dry ingredients together disperses the spices and the leaveners.
Next, I scale all wet ingredients in a large bowl and whisk really well.
As a side note, you will notice, sugar is a wet ingredient. Sugar is hydroscopic, meaning it pulls moisture from anything around it. Thats why sugar is always considered a wet ingredient in recipes.
Then, simply add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until everything is JUST combined.
The all you have to do is bake!
To store this Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread, slice, tightly wrap and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
OR slice, transfer to a bag and freeze for up to a month. Then, simply remove individual slices and heat in a toaster oven or microwave.
Looking for More Pumpkin Recipes?
Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 8x4 Loaf Pan
- Parchment Paper
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt ¼ teaspoon if using fine grain salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Allspice
- Pinch Ground Clove
- 1 Cup Mashed Overripe Banana About 2 large bananas
- ¾ Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Canola Oil
- 1 tablespoon Molasses not blackstrap
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Grease an 8"x4" loaf pan with oil and fit with a parchment sling for easy removal later.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder baking soda and all the spices. Whisk well to combine.2 Cups All Purpose Flour, 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder, ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt, ½ teaspoon Baking Soda, 2 teaspoon Cinnamon, 1 ½ teaspoon Ginger, ¼ teaspoon Allspice, Pinch Ground Clove
- In a large bowl, combine mashed banana, pumpkin puree, sugar, oil, molasses and vanilla. Whisk well to combine.1 Cup Mashed Overripe Banana, ¾ Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree, ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar, ½ Cup Canola Oil, 1 tablespoon Molasses, 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Add the flour mixture into the bowl and whisk until just combined.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and spread out evenly with a spatula.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 57-63 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf come out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.