My husbands birthday is coming up in a couple days! And since we’re not big gift people, I thought I’d make a special cookie recipe that combines his favorite flavors. So I made these Soft Batch Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I’ve said it before, but my husband isn’t really into most sweets. However, he LOVES cookies. He loves Chocolate Chip cookies, but his all time favorites are Tim Hortons Peanut Butter Cookies. I’ve never had them so I can only go by how he describes them, which is pretty much just really soft soft and chewy.
So, I decided to combine his two favorites and make Soft Batch Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. These babies are JUMBO! They are the same size as my Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies, if you have made those. The size not only makes them really decadent, but also ensures a large soft and almost fudgey center portion.
This recipe is really straight forward and is just like almost all my other cookie recipes. But there are a couple things to note: be sure to use natural peanut butter- the kind you have to stir! My favorite brands are Teddie (although I’m not sure if Teddie is a national brand) and Smuckers natural peanut butter (which is definitely a national brand).
If you don’t have molasses, sub the granulated sugar + molasses combo for and equal amount of light brown sugar. I have a small kitchen so its easier to me to just make my own brown sugar by adding molasses to granulated sugar than purchasing a separate brown sugar.
These Soft Batch Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies are a cookie lovers dream. Peanut buttery, chocolatey, sprinkled with sea salt and soft and chewy. Make a batch for the cookie lover in your life- even if the cookie lover is you!
Thick + Soft Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 8 Tbsp Dairy Free Butter, Softened I used Earth Balance Soy-Free Buttery Sticks
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Molasses
- 2/3 Cup Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Ground Flax
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Flakey Sea Saly for Sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325* F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a small bowl, combine ground flax, water and vanilla. Mix and set aside.
- In a large bow with a wooden spoon or in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachmentl, combine dairy-free butter, sugar and molasses. Cream well.
- Add peanut butter and flax egg to the creamed mixture and stir until just combined. Dont' over mix here!
- Add flour, baking soda, baking power and salt and stir until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir just until they are distributed.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, scoop 5 portions of dough onto the lined baking sheet. Since these cookies are big, 5 is how many I bake at a time. Roll each dough ball between your palms to make a ball. Gently press the balls down just so they don't roll around- see picture above for reference.
- Sprinkle the dough balls with a bit of flakey sea salt (optional).
- Bake at 325* for 19-22 minutes turning the tray half way through. Let the cookies cool on the tray for 5-7 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or freeze up to 1 month.
Let me know how you liked this recipe!