This recipe for Small Batch Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies is easy, is made without cream of tartar and only makes 4 cookies!
Sometimes I want to make a batch of cookies without ending up with a freezer full of cookies. Enter: this small batch snickerdoodle recipe. This recipe makes 4 cookies which is pretty perfect. And the cookies are quick, easy and super tasty!
These small batch snickerdoodle cookies only require 9 ingredients and are made without cream of tartar! Here is what you will need:
Refined Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is the fat in these cookies. Melt it and allow it to cool a bit before using.
Sugar: Regular granulated sugar.
Molasses: For a bit of brown sugar flavor.
Non Dairy Milk: I used oat milk, but use what you have on hand.
Vanilla: For background flavor.
Flour: Regular all purpose flour, here.
Cinnamon: I like to put cinnamon into my snickerdoodle cookies rather than just on the outside.
Baking Soda: To help the cookies spread and lift a bit.
Salt: For balance.
This Small Batch Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies recipe can be stirred together in no time in a pretty small bowl. So, whatever bowl you use for cereal or soup is the perfect size for this recipe!
First, mix the rolling sugar by combining granulated sugar and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
Then, make the cookie dough by first combining the coconut oil, sugar and molasses.
Then, add plant milk and vanilla and stir well.
Next, add the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
Now, scoop the cookies directly into the rolling sugar mixture.
Then, transfer them to a cookie sheet and bake!
Once the cookies are cool, transfer them to an airtight container.
Then, store them at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Or freeze the cookies for up to a month,
If you don't have molasses, use light brown sugar instead of granulated sugar.
Refined coconut oil is a preference. The refining process removed the coconut flavor from the oil so these cookies don't taste like coconut.
If you like the flavor of coconut or want it in these small batch vegan snickerdoodle cookies, use unrefined! The recipe will work the same.
Looking for More Easy Cookie Recipes?
Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by:The Conscious Plant Kitchen
Small Batch Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 1 Spoon
- 1 3 Tablespoon Cookie Scoop
- 1 Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 2 tablespoon Refined Coconut Oil, melted
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Molasses
- 2 tablespoon Non-Dairy Milk
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ⅔ Cup Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a small bowl, make the rolling sugar by combining the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.2 tablespoon Sugar, ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, combine melted coconut oil, sugar and molasses. Stir well.2 tablespoon Refined Coconut Oil, melted, ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar, ½ teaspoon Molasses
- Add non dairy milk and vanilla, stir well.2 tablespoon Non-Dairy Milk, ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and stir until combined.⅔ Cup Flour, ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda, ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- Using a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop cookies one by one into the rolling sugar, toss to coat the cookie dough and transfer to the cookie sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining cookie dough.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 12-14 minutes or until the edges of the cookie are lightly golden.
- Cool sightly before serving.