These Vegan M&M Cookies are soft, chewy and are studded with plenty of vegan M&Ms. Perfect for kids and adults alike.
These cookies are as delicious as they are fun! The M&Ms add little pops of color to these soft and chewy cookies. The dough is easy to make and the cookies store beautifully in the freezer.
Are M&Ms Vegan
Okay lets start with the most important thing:
NO. M&Ms are not vegan.
And, its surprisingly tough to get your hands on some that are. I ordered Unreal Snacks M&Ms online and they are delicious!
Refined Coconut Oil: I recommend refined coconut oil because it doesn't taste like coconut at all. If you like the flavor of coconut, feel free to use unrefined!
Sugar: Regular granulated sugar, here.
Molasses: Molasses for that brown sugar flavor.
Flax Egg: A combination of ground flax and water makes a gelatinous mixture that can replace eggs in some recipes.
Vanilla: Vanilla for flavor.
Flour: Regular all purpose. I always recommend King Arthur Brand.
Baking Soda: To leaven.
Salt: For balance. I always recommend baking with kosher salt. But if you are using table salt, halve the amount.
Vegan M&Ms: I used Yum Earth brand, but use what you can get ahold of.
These Vegan M&M Cookies are simple to make and use the basic creaming method.
First, make the flax egg by combining the flax, water and vanilla.
Then, cream the butter, sugar and molasses together until light and fluffy.
Next, add the flax egg into the butter mixture.
Now, add the dry ingredients and stir until just combined- be sure not to over mix here.
Finally, add the vegan M&Ms and stir to distribute.
Now you just bake and eat!
To store these Vegan M&M cookies, place them in a plastic freezer bag or an airtight container and store them at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Or, place them in the freezer for up to a month.
I prefer freezing them so they can stay fresher for longer. Then, I just take one out whenever I want it and pop it in the toaster oven for a warm fresh cookie.
Looking for More Cookie Recipes?
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies by: The Simple Veganista
Vegan M&M Cookies
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Wooden Spoon
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 2 tablespoon Ground Flax
- 6 tablespoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Refined Coconut Oil, Room Temp it should be soft, but not melted.
- 1 ¼ Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Molasses regular, not blackstrap
- 2 ¼ Cup Flour
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ teaspoon Kosher Salt halve this amount if using table salt
- 1 Cup Vegan M&Ms I used Unreal Snacks brand, linked below
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- In a small bowl, combine flax, water and vanilla. Stir and set aside.2 tablespoon Ground Flax, 6 tablespoon Water, 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, cream coconut oil, sugar and molasses together until well combined and fluffy.½ Cup Refined Coconut Oil, Room Temp, 1 ¼ Cups Granulated Sugar, 1 tablespoon Molasses
- Add the flax mixture and stir until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and stir until combined- the dough will be thick!2 ¼ Cup Flour, ¾ teaspoon Baking Soda, ¾ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Add the M&Ms and stir to distribute.1 Cup Vegan M&Ms
- Using a greased ¼ cup measuring scoop, scoop mounds of dough onto the cookie sheet leaving at least 2 inches of space between the cookies. I like to bake 8 cookies at a time.
- Bake in a 350* Oven for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are just golden.
- Allow to cool on a baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.