This Vegan Whipped Cream Frosting is a quick, light and fluffy chantilly cream that is made with a vegan heavy cream substitute- not coconut cream!
This easy frosting recipe is perfect for cakes, cupcakes or to top any dessert with. It only requires 3 ingredients and and a few minutes to make this light and fluffy chantilly cream!
Vegan Heavy Whipping Cream: My top pick is Silk Heavy Whipping Cream.
Powdered Sugar: Be sure to sift it!
Vanilla Extract: For a little vanilla flavor.
This Vegan Whipped Cream Frosting is made just like a Chantilly Cream.
First, pour the vegan heavy cream into a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
Next, turn the speed to medium and add the sifted powdered sugar while the mixer is running.
Now, whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
Finally, add the vanilla and mix to incorporate.
Now, use it however you want!
The Best Vegan Heavy Cream Substitutes
My top recommendation for a vegan heavy cream substitute is:
Country Crock Plant Cream is also good, but the Silk is just a little better in my opinion.
While this Vegan Whipped Cream Frosting is not made with coconut cream, these two picks do have coconut ingredients. They don't taste like coconut at all though!
This Vegan Whipped Cream Frosting Can be used to:
Frost a cake like my Strawberry Shortcake Cake
Top cupcakes for a light and fluffy finish like these Strawberry and Cream Cupcakes.
Dollop onto loaf cakes like my Raspberry Lemon Loaf
Or just dip strawberries into it!
Instead of vanilla extract, use any extract you like to make this recipe a little different. Almond extract would be delicious.
This Vegan Whipped Cream Frosting recipe is best when used the same day. But it is possible to store. I have tested to make sure the recipe doesn't fall flat in the refrigerator over a couple of days.
To store, transfer to a container that has a tight fitting lid and keep in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Looking for More Easy Desserts?
No Bake Brownies by: Addicted to Dates
Vegan Whipped Cream Frosting
- 1 Stand Mixer with Whip Attachment
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Sifter
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 2 Cups Vegan Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¼ Cup Powdered Sugar, sifted
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add the vegan heavy whipping cream.2 Cups Vegan Heavy Whipping Cream
- Turn the mixer to medium and whip the cream for about 30 seconds. Then, add the powdered sugar while the mixer is running.¼ Cup Powdered Sugar, sifted
- Turn the mixer up to high speed and whip until the mixture has stiff peaks, occasionally stopping to fold the cream so the bottom gets incorporated.
- Once stiff peaks are achieved, add the vanilla and mix on low for a few seconds to incorporate.½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Use as desired.