You all seem to be really digging the Brown Sugar Buttercream recipe I posted a couple weeks ago. So, I thought I'd make another buttercream to complement your Autumn baking. May I present the smooth, delicious and creamy Easy Maple Bourbon Buttercream.
This buttercream is just as easy as all of my other buttercream recipes. It only required 4 ingredients and 10 minutes! Its all about the add-ins here. The maple and bourbon give the buttercream a warm and rich flavor. Both maple and bourbon are deep and almost vanilla-y. Neither flavor is super strong, but combined they make one delicious buttercream.
The warm flavors of this frosting will also complement any autumn baking you have planned. I used this on a Honeycrisp Apple and Spice Cake (recipe coming soon!!). It was super creamy and easy to decorate with.
I always build a cake with new buttercream recipes to really test their structure. To me, its important that a buttercream can build a cake, easily frost a cake, and hold piping. And this Easy Maple Bourbon Buttercream can do it all in style.
Use whatever high quality bourbon you like here. I used Makers Mark 46 because thats my favorite. Its really well balanced, rich and warm. Perfect for buttercream. But use whatever you like and have kicking around the house.
I used Country Crock Plant Butter here which I really like. And I always use the avocado oil one and the one that comes in stick form. It has a really nice and clean flavor and in my experience is really easy to find! I also like Earth Balance Soy-Free Buttery Sticks.
Do make sure to use a non-dairy butter that comes in stick form. The kind in the tub is formulated to be soft and spreadable. Which is perfect for toast, but not for buttercream!
Use this Easy Maple Bourbon Buttercream to frost cake, pipe onto cupcakes or sandwich in between cookies. It complements all Autumn baking flavors incredibly nicely.
Easy Maple Bourbon Buttercream
- 2 Sticks Dairy-Free Butter I used Country Crock Plant Butter
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar, Sifted
- 3 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoon High Quality Bourbon I used Makers 46
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the non-dairy butter, scraping the bowl down a couple of times through the process.
- Add all the sifted powdered sugar and mix on low until combined.
- Add maple syrup 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing the syrup in and scraping the bowl down between each tablespoon.
- After the maple syrup, add the bourbon 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing on medium speed to incorporate.
- The buttercream should be light and fluffy and hold its shape. Frost cake, pipe onto cupcakes or sandwich between cookies!
Let me know how you like this recipe!