This Maple Bourbon Buttercream Frosting is easy, fluffy and delicious. This recipe only requires 10 minutes and 4 ingredients!
This buttercream is just as easy as all of my other buttercream recipes. It only requires 4 ingredients and 10 minutes. The maple and bourbon give the frosting a warm and rich flavor.
Vegan Butter: Vegan butter lends the creaminess to this frosting.
Powdered Sugar: Powdered sugar for structure and fluffiness.
Maple Syrup: Maple syrup adds flavor as well as spreadability.
Bourbon: And bourbon rounds the flavor out.
This Maple Bourbon Buttercream Frosting is super easy! Here's how to make it.
First, in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the non dairy butter. Scrape the bowl down regularly, and cream until the butter is smooth and creamy.
Next, add the sifted powdered sugar. Start the mixer on the lowest speed setting and mix until incorporated before turning the mixer up to medium.
Then, add the maple syrup one tablespoon at a time.
Finally, add the bourbon and thats it!
Top Recipe Tips
Be sure to sift the powdered sugar to avoid a lumpy frosting.
Scrape the bowl down a lot! Hard bits can get stuck to the sides of the bowl and need to be scraped into the mix or you will be left with a lumpy Maple Bourbon Buttercream Frosting.
I used Makers Mark 46 for this frosting because its my favorite bourbon.
My other recommendation is Woodford Reserve, but use what you like.
Vegan Butter Recommendations
Whatever you use, make sure to use a butter that comes in stick form, not in a tub.
I used Country Crock Plant Butter here which I really like.
I also like Earth Balance Soy-Free Buttery Sticks.
This Maple Bourbon Buttercream Frosting is perfect for filling sandwich cookies, building cakes, or spreading onto cupcakes.
Store this buttercream frosting in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Or freeze for up to two months.
When you're ready to use the Maple Bourbon Buttercream, allow to sit at room temperature for a couple of hours, then add to a stand mixer and mix until its light and fluffy again.
Recipes to Pair with the Frosting
Vegan Snickerdoodle Cupcakes by: The Pretty Bee
Maple Bourbon Buttercream Frosting
- 1 Stand Mixer with paddle attachment
- 1 Sifter
- 1 Spatula
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 Cup Dairy-Free Butter use one that comes in sticks
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar, Sifted
- 3 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoon High Quality Bourbon I used Makers 46
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the non-dairy butter, scraping the bowl down a couple of times through the process.1 Cup Dairy-Free Butter
- Add all the sifted powdered sugar and mix on low until combined.4 Cups Powdered Sugar, Sifted
- Add maple syrup 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing the syrup in and scraping the bowl down between each tablespoon.3 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Next, add the bourbon 1 tablespoon at a time.2 tablespoon High Quality Bourbon
- Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Let me know how you like this recipe!
I didn't have bourbon so I substituted it with my homemade vanilla extract.
It came out beautifully! My first buttercream and my first vegan buttercream! Thank you!