These Hot Honey Roasted Rainbow Carrots are packed with flavor from vegan hot honey and thyme. These are the perfect weeknight side dish.Jump to Recipe
This is the most delicious side dish. The roasted carrots are sweet and spicy and so easy to make. It only takes a few minutes of hands on time so its great for weeknights and meal prep!
To make these Hot Honey Roasted Rainbow Carrots you will need:
Rainbow Carrots: Or regular orange carrots. They all taste the same!
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: This will help the carrots get a nice even roast.
Vegan Hot Honey: You can make my Vegan Hot Honey or grab a store bought hot honey.
Dried Thyme Leaves: For a little extra flavor.
Salt and Pepper: To season.
To make these Hot Honey Roasted Rainbow Carrots, start by peeling the carrots and cutting them into evenly sized pieces. I like to cut them into about 2" pieces, then halve the thicker pieces.
Then, place the chopped carrots onto a baking sheet.
Next, mix the olive oil, hot honey, thyme and salt and pour it onto the carrots.
Now, roast the carrots in a 425* oven for about 45-50 minutes or until they are brown and tender.
Can't find rainbow carrots? Use regular orange carrots.
Don't like spicy food? Use regular honey or agave in place of the hot honey.
To store these Hot Honey And Thyme Roasted Rainbow Carrots, transfer them to an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
Top Recipe Tip
Be sure to use a Harissa that is more of a sauce and not a powder or a paste. My top recommendation is Mina brand Harissa, but Trader Joes carries one too!
Looking for More Easy Dinner Recipes?
Garlic Butter Butternut Squash Steaks
Hot Honey Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Vegetable Peeler
- 1 Chefs Knife
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 Small Bowl
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 2 Pounds Rainbow Carrots
- 3 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Vegan Hot Honey my recipe is linked below, or use store bought
- ½ teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt ½ teaspoon if using table salt
- Black Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into about 2 inch long pieces. Slice the thicker pieces down the center so they are all roughly the same size. Transfer to a baking sheet.2 Pounds Rainbow Carrots
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, hot honey, thyme and salt.3 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tablespoon Vegan Hot Honey, ½ teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves, 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Pour the mixture over the carrots, then season with black pepper. Toss together with your hands, then spread the carrot back out so they are in a single layer.Black Pepper to Taste
- Bake in a 425* oven for 45-50 minutes, stirring occasionally until the carrots are soft and are starting to brown.