These Vegan Harissa Roasted Potatoes are my favorite roast potato recipe. They are super simple and full of flavor thanks to store bought harissa. They are the perfect side to any meal!
Potatoes are a staple in my house. I buy them every single week and use them in countless ways. Lately, these Vegan Harissa Roasted Potatoes have been on weekly rotation. They are easy, flavorful and go with just about anything.
You only need a few ingredients to make these potatoes.
Potatoes: I prefer Yukon Gold, but red potatoes will also work.
Harissa: Use a harissa that is more of a sauce. Don't use harissa spice powder in this recipe.
Olive Oil: For roasting
Salt and Pepper: For extra seasoning.
These potatoes are super easy to make.
First, combine the potatoes, olive oil, harissa, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to coat.
Then, spread the potatoes on to an unlined sheet pan.
Next, roast them in a 425* F oven for 30 minutes.
Then, use a spatula to flip and stir the potatoes and continue roasting for 10-15 minutes longer or until they are browned on the outside and tender on the inside.
And that it!
What is Harissa?
Harissa is a Moroccan red pepper sauce. It typically contains chilis, bell pepper, olive oil and garlic as well as a variety of spices.
Its a great way to add flavor to dishes without needing a lot of different ingredients like in these other EP recipes that feature harissa.
It has a medium spice level.
What Brand of Harissa?
For this Vegan Harissa Roasted Potatoes recipe, I used this Mina brand of Harissa.
Get one that is more of a fresh sauce and less of a paste for this recipe. Even Trader Joes has a good one!
Or you can make you own using a recipe like this one from Bon Apetit.
What Kind of Potatoes?
This recipe calls for Yukon Gold potatoes.
They mash creamier, the inside is nice and pillowy when roasted, and I love the flavor of them. They are the perfect canvas for harissa in this Vegan Harissa Roasted Potatoes recipe.
Store these potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
For best reheating results, use a toaster oven or regular oven.
I don't recommend freezing.
Looking for More Potato Recipes?
Vegan Harissa Roasted Potatoes
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 Sheet Pan
- 1 Spatula
- 1 ½ Pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and cut into ¾" cubes
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoon Harissa Like the brand Mina, pictured above
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt Less if using fine grain salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425* F
- Combine potatoes, olive oil, harissa, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss to combine.1 ½ Pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and cut into ¾" cubes, 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 3 tablespoon Harissa, ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt, Black Pepper to taste
- Transfer potatoes to an unlined baking tray and spread them out into an even layer.
- Bake in a 425* oven for 30 minutes.
- Stir the potatoes using a spatula will help get any of the stuck ones, and place back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are nicely browned and tender.
- Serve warm.
Let me know how you like this recipe!