Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with Hot Honey Butter have a sweet, spicy and savory glaze. This is an easy sweet potato recipe that is perfect for a weeknight. Plus, my best sweet potato cutting tips!
Sweet potatoes are one of my all-time favorite ingredients to work with. I love that they can be used in desserts like my Vegan Maple Sweet Potato Cake and in savory recipes like this Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with Hot Honey Butter recipe.
This recipe is not only delicious but also easy to prepare. They sweet potatoes come out glazed in a sweet hot honey butter that is out of this world. And it only requires 6 ingredients!
What is Hot Honey?
Hot honey is exactly what it sounds like- honey that has been infused with chili. So, its spicy and sweet and delicious.
I have my very own Vegan Hot Honey recipe here on EP that is quick and easy to make.
And its good on everything. Drizzle it on biscuits and cornbread or use it as a sweetener in a cocktail for a little kick!
Sweet Potatoes: A couple large sweet potatoes, or around 2 pounds.
Hot Honey: We just talked about hot honey, but if you want to make your own, here is my Vegan Hot Honey recipe.
Vegan Butter: I like Miyokos Cultured Vegan Butter for this, but use what you like.
If you don't want to make vegan hot honey to make this recipe, substitute 2 tablespoons of agave nectar plus ¼ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flake.
How to Cut Sweet Potatoes
My top tip for any chopping task is to have a good sharp knife. My favorite knife is a Global Sai 7.5" Chefs Knife.
Second, is choose potatoes that are smaller in diameter. The skinnier the potato, the easier it will be to cut through.
Third, is slice a little bit off of one side of the potato to give you a sturdy base to work with. That way the potato won't roll around your cutting board while you're trying to cut wedges.
Once you've done all of these things, its all about execution.
Simply place the knife into the center of the sweet potato and press down and away from you. If you need more force, use the heel of your free hand to help press down. But, make sure to keep your fingers out of the way.
This Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with Hot Honey Butter recipe is so easy to make. Here is how:
First, chop the potatoes into wedges and place them onto a baking sheet.
Then, make the hot honey butter by combining melted vegan butter, hot honey, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Next, pour the hot honey mixture over the sweet potatoes and toss everything together to coat.
Now, place the sweet potatoes in the oven to roast for 10 minutes.
Finally, after 10 minutes, remove them, flip each potato over and return them to the oven for another 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are browned and soft.
To store the oven Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with Hot Honey Butter, place them into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
Looking for More Easy Side Dishes?
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with Hot Honey Butter
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Chefs Knife
- 1 Baking Sheet
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled about 2 pounds
- 3 tablespoon Non-Dairy Butter, melted I used Miyokos Cultured Vegan Butter
- 2 tablespoon Vegan Hot Honey See Note
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper to Taste
- 2 tablespoon Finely Chopped Chives
- Preheat oven to 450* F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into about ½-inch thick wedges. Then, transfer the wedges to an unlined baking sheet.2 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled
- In a small bowl, combine melted non-dairy butter, hot honey, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir together, then pour over the potatoes. Toss well to coat each potato.3 tablespoon Non-Dairy Butter, melted, 2 tablespoon Vegan Hot Honey, 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder, ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt, Black Pepper to Taste
- Lay the wedges in a single layer- making sure each wedge has contact with the pan.
- Bake in a 450* oven for 10 minutes, then flip the potatoes with a metal spatula. Return to the oven for another 20-25 minutes, stopping to stir every 10 minutes until the potatoes are browned and soft.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with chives. Serve!2 tablespoon Finely Chopped Chives