Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with Hot Honey Butter have a sweet, spicy and savory glaze. This is an easy sweet potato recipe that is perfect for a weeknight. Plus, my best sweet potato cutting tips!
Sweet potatoes are one of my all time favorite ingredients to work with. They are easy to prepare and it doesn't take much work to make them delicious. This recipe for Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with Hot Honey Butter is the perfect example of that.
What is Hot Honey?
Hot honey is exactly what it sounds like- honey that has been infused with chili so its spicy and sweet. I have my very own Vegan Hot Honey recipe her on EP that is quick an easy to make. And its good on everything. Drizzle it on biscuits and cornbread or use it as a sweetener in a cocktail for a little kick!
In this recipe the Vegan Hot Honey glazes the sweet potato wedges. It gives the wedges a little chewy crunch around the edges and complements the sweet potatoes natural sweetness. The combination is SO good.
If you don't want to make vegan hot honey to make this recipe, substitute 2 tablespoons of agave nectar plus ¼ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flake.
How to Cut Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are delicious, but they can be hard to work with. But we've gotta cut some wedges for these Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with Hot Honey Butter, so here are some tips.
My top tip for any chopping task is to have a good sharp knife. My favorite knife is a Global Sai 7.5" Chefs Knife. And while we're on the topic of knives, you don't need a knife set! You only need 3 knives: a chefs knife, a paring knife and a serrated knife. So save those dollars!
Second is choose potatoes that are smaller in diameter. The skinnier the potato, the easier it will be to cut through.
Third is slice a little bit off of one side of the potato to give you a sturdy base to work with. That way the potato won't roll around your cutting board while you're trying to cut wedges. Because thats not only annoying, its dangerous.
Once you've done all of these things, its all about execution. Simply place the knife into the center of the sweet potato and press down. If you need more force, use the heel of your free hand to help press down. But, make sure to keep your fingers out of the way. And that should do it. You are well on your way to eating some tasty Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with Hot Honey Butter.
These sweet potatoes are filled with flavor and pair well with just about anything you serve them with! Who said weeknight dinners had to be boring?
Looking for More Sweet Potato Recipes?
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with Hot Honey Butter
- Cutting Board
- Baking Sheet
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled about 2 pounds
- 3 tablespoon Non-Dairy Butter, melted I used Country Crock Plant Butter
- 2 tablespoon Vegan Hot Honey Recipe linked below!
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper to Taste
- 2 tablespoon Finely Chopped Chives
- Preheat oven to 450* F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges. To do this, cut a sweet potato in half lengthwise, then cut each half in half to make quarters. Next, cut 3 wedges out of each quarter. Repeat with the second potato.
- Spread the potato wedges onto a baking sheet.
- Onto the potatoes drizzle the butter, hot honey, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Toss well to coat each potato.
- Lay the wedges in a single layer- making sure each wedge has contact with the pan.
- Bake in a 450* oven for 20 minutes, then flip the potatoes with a metal spatula. Return to the oven for another 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and have started to brown.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with chives. Serve!