These Vegan Maple Dijon Mustard Roasted Brussels Sprouts are a super simple vegan side dish that is perfect for weeknights! Only 5 basic ingredients are required.
So I thought I'd make another easy vegan side dish. For this Vegan Maple Dijon Mustard Brussels Sprouts recipe, the oven does nearly all the work and it only requires a few ingredients and 10 minutes to get them into the oven! And they come out crispy and delicious. Whats not to love?
Brussels Sprouts: Brussels sprouts are the star of the show, here! Pick brussels sprouts that are firm when gently squeezed.
Dijon Mustard: Any Dijon mustard will work for this recipe. But don't substitute with yellow mustard or even spicy brown mustard.
Maple Syrup: Maple syrup adds a bit of sweetness, here.
Spices: A combination of garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper.
Instead of maple syrup use agave nectar or my Vegan Hot Honey!
How to Pick Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts should be really firm when gently squeezed. They should not be squishy.
How to Trim Brussels Sprouts
To trim the Brussels sprouts, use a paring knife to slice about ¼ inch off of the bottom.
This should allow a few of the outer leaves to fall off which we want.
Now, slice them in half lengthwise and proceed with the recipe.
These Vegan Maple Dijon Mustard Brussels Sprouts are SO easy to make. Here's how:
First, trim and slice all the Brussels sprouts in half.
Then, in a large bowl, combine olive oil, maple syrup, dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Next, add the Brussels sprouts into the bowl and toss to coat.
Pour onto a baking sheet and roast!
Don't line the baking sheet with parchment, here. The contact with the metal of the baking sheet will help to get these Brussels sprouts nice and crispy.
To store, place these Vegan Maple Dijon Mustard Roasted Brussels Sprouts into an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
Looking for More Easy Recipes?
Vegan Maple Dijon Mustard Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Knife
- 1 Baking Sheet
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 Pound Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and sliced in half see note
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- ¾ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¾ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt half this amount if using table salt
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425* F.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, maple syrup, dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.2 tablespoon Olive Oil, 2 tablespoon Maple Syrup, 2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard, ¾ teaspoon Garlic Powder, ¾ teaspoon Onion Powder, ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt, Black Pepper
- Add halved brussels sprouts and stir well, making sure that everything is evenly coated.1 Pound Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and sliced in half
- Transfer the sprouts to an unlined sheet pan and spread them out into an even layer.
- Roast in a 425* oven for 20 minutes, remove from the oven to stir the sprouts and then return to the oven for another 15 minutes or until they are brown nicely brown.
- Serve hot.
Let me know how you like this recipe!