This Vegan Honey Mustard is perfect for dressing salads or for dipping! Its creamy, simple to make and incredibly flavorful.
In the summertime, I love making big fresh salads. Especially for packed work lunches. I can make a few at a time, top them with whatever leftovers I have in the fridge and put a dressing on them. And lately, this Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing has been my go-to.
This Honey Mustard Dressing only requires FOUR ingredients that you will likely have on hand in your pantry or refrigerator already.
Vegan Hot Honey or Agave: This ingredient is the star of the show. It adds sweetness and that honey-like flavor.
Dijon Mustard: Dijon flavors this dressing, and also keeps the mixture emulsified. Any brand will work but Maille is my personal fave!
White Wine Vinegar: White wine vinegar adds a little tang to this Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Make sure you're using the good stuff! This add flavor and richness. And when the oil emulsifies with the dijon and vinegar, the dressing will thicken and become creamy.
I used my Vegan Hot Honey to make this recipe. But you can substitute agave here if you don't want to make hot honey.
I used white wine vinegar but champagne vinegar will also work. Or apple cider vinegar works in a pinch. Don't use red wine or balsamic vinegar.
This salad dressing SO simple to make.
This Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing can either be made in a bowl with a whisk or in a jar that has a tight fitting lid so it can be shaken up.
First, combine all ingredients except for olive oil in a bowl and whisk together.
Then, slowly and while whisking constantly, drizzle the olive oil in. The dijon mustard will help to emulsify the oil, causing the mixture to thicken up and become creamy.
And thats it! Its ready to be used as a salad dressing or -my favorite- as a dip for vegan chicken tenders.
Store this salad dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
I don't recommend freezing this recipe.
Looking for More Easy Vegan Recipes?
Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Whisk
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- ¼ Cup Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoon Vegan Hot Honey OR Agave Nectar Hot Honey recipe linked below
- 2 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 6 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Pinch Salt and Pepper
- In a small bowl, combine dijon mustard, hot honey or agave and white wine vinegar. Whisk to combine.¼ Cup Dijon Mustard, 2 tablespoon Vegan Hot Honey OR Agave Nectar, 2 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- While whisking constantly, slowly drizzle the olive oil into the bowl. The mixture should emulsify and thicken up.6 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk to combine.Pinch Salt and Pepper
- Use immediately or pour into a container with a tight fitting lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.