This Vegan Avocado Lime Crema is one of the BEST taco toppings. Its easy to make and goes well with any taco filling!
I love avocados. I’m always dreaming up new ways to use and eat them. And this Avocado Lime Crema is my favorite one yet! I like to put this vegan crema on tacos, dollop it onto burrito bowls or use it as a salad dressing! Its super versatile and really simple to make.
How Do You Make Avocado Crema?
Traditional crema is a mixture of sour cream and heavy cream. But here, we use a few plant based ingredients to create a similar texture with so much more flavor! So, to make this vegan crema, all you will need is:
Avocado: Make sure you use a ripe one! The avocado should give to light pressure. Simply gently press into the side of the avocado to test. And if it feels hard, wait. Blending won’t make the avocado ripe!
Jalapeño: This adds freshness and a little spice to this Avocado Lime Crema. But if you’re sensitive to spice, start with 1/4 of a jalapeño.
Cilantro: I love cilantro and add it to any mexican inspired dish I make. But, if you don’t like it you can leave it out!
Lime Juice: Lime juice adds the tang that would traditionally come from sour cream. I usually buy a a big bottle of Santa Cruz Lime Juice and keep it in my fridge!
Salt and Garlic Powder: For added flavor and seasoning.
Water: To thin the crema to the desired consistency. We’re going for looser than guac but not runny.
And thats it. All of these ingredients are combined in a blender and the Vegan Avocado Lime Crema is done! This is seriously one of the easiest and best taco toppings!
As a note: this recipe will be a bit easier in a smaller blender like a magic bullet. Or, in a mini food processor if you have one. I used a large blender and it works just fine. But, you will have to use a spatula to scrape the sides of the blender a few times to make sure everything gets blended.
Looking for Some Tacos to Put This Crema On?
This Avocado Lime Crema will level up any taco you put it on. It adds creamy tangy flavor in one dollop!
Avocado Lime Crema
- Cutting Board
- 1 Large Ripe Avocado
- 1/2 Medium Jalapeño, seeds removed
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt Less if using fine grain
- 6-8 Tbsp Cold Water
- Into your blender add avocado, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, garlic powder and salt.
- Add 6 tbsp of water and blend. If you are using a large blender, you will have to scrape the bowl down a few times to make sure everything is blended.
- If desired, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of water, to adjust to your preferred consistency and blend to combine.
- Drizzle over your tacos and serve! Or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for no more than 2 days.