These Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Rice burritos are easy to make, and full of black beans and guacamole. The perfect weeknight meal!
This recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner recipe. It makes eating your veggies delicious and its quick and easy to make. These vegan burritos are totally customizable and will please everyone in your family.
Cauliflower Rice: You can either make your own cauliflower rice or buy it. I'll talk more about that in a minute.
Buffalo Sauce: I like to use Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce.
Black Beans: Just a can of black beans will do!
Tortillas: I like to use big burrito sized tortillas.
Ranch Dressing: I love Follow Your Heart Vegan Ranch.
Guacamole: Store bought or homemade work equally well here.
Additional Toppings: Use what you like: lettuce, pico, red cabbage slaw, etc.
Making or Purchasing Cauliflower Rice
I made my own cauliflower rice for the burritos.
A small head of cauliflower yields about 6 cups.
To make cauliflower rice: put a few florets into a food processor and process them until they looked like rice.
If you don't have a food processor, purchase cauliflower rice in the produce section of your grocery store.
But DON'T use the cauliflower rice from the freezer section. Frozen veggies loose a lot of their texture through the freezing process. So, the rice will turn out mushy.
The only thing that needs to be cooked in this recipe is the cauliflower rice. Other than that, its just assembly.
First, heat oil in a skillet, then add the cauliflower rice.
Then, when the cauliflower rice starts to brown add the buffalo sauce and cook a few more minutes.
Next, make the burritos by adding the cauliflower rice, black beans, a drizzle of ranch and a dollop of guacamole. Roll them up and eat!
Burrito Size Options
This recipe will make either 3 or 4 Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Rice and Black Bean Burritos, depending on the size of your tortillas.
I used 12" flour tortillas, so for me it made 3.
But, if you have the more standard 10 inch tortilla, you will get 4 burritos out of this recipe.
Store the components of the burritos separately.
Store the rice in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
I don't recommend freezing.
Looking for Taco & Burrito Toppings?
Homemade Salda Verde by: Cookie and Kate
Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Rice and Black Bean Burritos
- 1 10"-12" Non-Stick Skillet
- 1 Rubber Spatula
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6 Cups Cauliflower Rice About 1 small head if you're making your own!
- ⅓ Cup Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
To Assemble The Burritos
- 1 15 oz Can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 3-4 10-12" Flour Tortillas
- 6 tablespoon Ranch Dressing I used Follow Your Heart Vegan Ranch
- ¾ Cup Guacamole
- Additional toppings like: cilantro, tomato or pico de gallo
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and riced cauliflower to the pan.1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked and a little browned in some places.6 Cups Cauliflower Rice
- Add wing sauce and stir. Cook for 1-2 minutes longer or until the liquid from the wing sauce has evaporated leaving you with fluffy cauliflower rice.⅓ Cup Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Warm the black beans in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.1 15 oz Can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
Build your Burritos
- Warm tortillas in the microwave or in the oven.3-4 10-12" Flour Tortillas
- Fill your burritos with cauliflower rice, then black beans, a scoop of guac and a drizzle of ranch. Add any additional topping you desire like cilantro or diced tomato.6 tablespoon Ranch Dressing, ¾ Cup Guacamole, Additional toppings like: cilantro, tomato or pico de gallo
- Roll up and enjoy.
Let me know how you like this recipe!
Leave a Reply