The credit of this recipe goes to my husband. He suggested I make buffalo cauliflower rice. And I though it would be all mushy clump together. But, then I tried it. And I ate the buffalo cauliflower rice as fast as I ate my words. And then, I set out to make the perfect burrito with it. Buffalo Cauliflower Rice Burritos. With Ranch and Guac, of course.
Making or Purchasing Cauliflower Rice
These burritos are INCREDIBLY easy. The only thing you have to cook is cauliflower rice which takes about 10 minutes. I made my own cauliflower rice for the burritos. I used I small head of cauliflower which yielded about 6 cups.
To make cauliflower rice, simply put a few florets into my food processor -don’t put too many in at a time!- and buzzed them up until they looked like rice. If you dont have a food processor, you can purchase cauliflower rice in the produce section of most grocery stores.
But DON’T use the cauliflower rice from the freezer section. Frozen veggies loose a lot of their texture through the freezing process. So, the rice will likely turn out mushy.
I used Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce here. Its easily accessible and I believe its a nationwide brand. If you can’t find it, I included a link, or use your favorite buffalo sauce!
This recipe will make either 3 or 4 Buffalo Cauliflower Rice Burritos, depending on the size of your tortillas. I used huge 12″ flour tortillas, so for me it made 3. But, if you have the more standard 10 inch, you will be able to get 4 burritos out of this recipe.
For the ranch dressing, I used Follow Your Heart Vegan Ranch. Its so good and tastes just like any other ranch dressing. There are so many vegan ranch dressings available now a days, so use what you have or what you like.
The best feature of these Buffalo Cauliflower Rice Burritos with Ranch and Guac is that they only take 30 minutes to make. The perfect weeknight dinner. And I’m pretty confident that they will make it into your weekly dinner rotation.
Buffalo Cauliflower Burritos with Ranch and Guac
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Cups Cauliflower Rice About 1 small head if you're making your own!
- 1/3 Cup Franks Wing Sauce
To Assemble The Burritos
- 1 15 oz Can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 3-4 10-12" Flour Tortillas
- 6 Tbsp Ranch Dressing I used Follow Your Heart High Omega Vegan Ranch
- 3/4 Cup Guacamole, store-bought or homemade
- Additional toppings like: cilantro, tomato or pico
- Place a large cast iron skillet or non stick pan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and riced cauliflower to the pan and stir. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked and a little browned in some places.
- Add wing sauce and stir. Cook for 1-2 minutes longer or until the liquid from the wing sauce has evaporated leaving you with fluffy cauliflower rice.
- Warm the black beans in the microwave for 30 seconds- 1 minute.
Build your Burritos
- Warm tortillas in the microwave or in the oven.
- Fill your burritos with cauliflower rice, then black beans, a scoop of guac and a drizzle of ranch. Add any additional topping you desire like cilantro or diced tomato.
- Roll up and enjoy!
Let me know how you like this recipe!