This Cucumber Pico de Gallo is the perfect topping for tacos or burrito bowls or to eat with tortilla chips. Its fresh, crunchy and super quick!
You are going to love this one. This Cucumber Pico de Gallo is the perfect taco topping or chip dip when tomatoes are not quite in season. And it only takes 10 minutes to make.
Ingredients for Making Cucumber Pico de Gallo
Alright this pico is super quick and you only need a few things to make it. Here is what you will need:
English Cucumber: English cucumbers have a more tender skin and smaller seeds. You still need to scoop the seeds out of the english cucumber for this recipe, but you don't have to peel it. If using a regular cucumber, peel and seed it.
Red Onion: Red onion lends flavor and more crunch. Chop them as fine as you can so you don't get a bite full of raw onion.
Jalapeño: I used a half of a jalapeño, but feel free to use more or less depending on your spice preference. Or, if even a little jalapeño is too spicy sub poblano which are far less spicy.
Cilantro: Cilantro give that classic pico de gallo flavor. Be sure to wash the cilantro really well as it tends to have a lot of sandy dirt attached.
Lime Juice: For acidity.
Salt: To season.
How to Use Cucumber Pico
This Cucumber Pico De Gallo is delicious on tacos, burrito bowls or power bowls.
Its also delicious on a salad or simply used as a dip with tortilla chips.
Use it anywhere you would use traditional pico or salsa!
Can you Freeze Pico de Gallo?
In short, no.
I do not recommend freezing any type pico de gallo. The vegetables that make up pico de gallo have a high water content. So freezing will change the texture and make the dip wet soggy.
Looking for More Dips?
Homemade Salsa by Cooking Classy
Cucumber Pico de Gallo
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Knife
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 1 Spoon
- ½ Medium English Cucumber, seeded and finely chopped about 1 ¼ cups chopped cucumber
- ¼ Medium Red Onion, finely chopped about ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ½ Medium Jalapeño, seeded and minced about 2 Tbsp
- ⅓ Cup Cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Lime Juice
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt less if using fine grain
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped cucumber, chopped onion, minced jalapeno, chopped cilantro, lime juice and salt.
- Toss together with a spoon.
- Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.