This Vegan and Gluten Free Black Bean Taquitos recipe is easy and delicious and made right in an air fryer. They make the perfect appetizer!
These taquitos are big on flavor but require minimal ingredients and time. These are the perfect appetizers for a get-together. I love to serve them with Vitamix Salsa, 4-Ingredient Guacamole, or Vegan Rotel Dip for dipping.
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this vegan Gluten-Free Air Fryer Black Bean Taquitos recipe. And most of them are pantry staples!
Here is what you will need:
Canned Black Beans: I usually grab Goya, but any brand will work.
Spices: A combination of garlic powder, onion powder and cumin.
Chipotles in Adobo: I use some of the adobo sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo for flavor.
Corn Tortillas: To keep these taquitos gluten-free, use corn tortillas.
Canola Oil: To brush the taquitos with before putting them in the air fryer.
Use more or less of the adobo sauce from a can of chipotle chilis in adobo to suit your spice preference. These Vegan Black Bean Taquitos are mild to medium spicy as the recipe is written.
To make these Vegan Gluten Free Air Fryer Black Bean Taquitos, add black beans, garlic powder, onion powder and adobo sauce into a small sauce pan.
Then, place the beans on the stove top and bring them to a simmer. Continue to simmer for about 10 minutes.
Next, use a spoon to smash some of the beans against the side of the saucepan.
Now, working one at a time heat up a corn tortilla on a skillet until it is very pliable.
Then, add a few tablespoons of beans to the tortilla and roll it up and place it seam side town in an air fryer basket or pan.
Repeat until the bean mixture is gone.
Finally, brush the tops of the taquitos with canola oil and air fry.
Top Recipe Tip
Don't drain your black beans! I know this goes against everything you know about canned beans.
But the liquid from the beans will thicken up will help everything stick together.
You will need an air fryer for this recipe. I have the Ninja Foodie Oven and I love it!
To store, place the taquitos in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
They are best heated back up in an air fryer to crisp back up.
Looking for More Easy Vegan Appetizers?
If you tried this Vegan Black Bean Taquitos recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Vegan + Gluten Free Black Bean Taquitos
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 Small Sauce Pan
- 1 Skillet
- 1 15 oz Can of Low Sodium Black Beans (do not drain!)
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Adobo Sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo
- Pinch Salt (Omit if you are not using low sodium beans)
- 8-10 Corn Tortillas
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- In a small saucepan, combine black beans (including the liquid that is in the can), garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, adobo sauce and a pinch of salt.1 15 oz Can of Low Sodium Black Beans (do not drain!), ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder, ½ teaspoon Onion Powder, ½ teaspoon Ground Cumin, 1 tablespoon Adobo Sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo, Pinch Salt (Omit if you are not using low sodium beans)
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, for 10-12 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by about half.
- Smash some of the beans with the back of a spoon to make the mixture more cohesive.
- Working one at a time, heat a tortilla over a gas stove burner or on a skillet, then transfer it to a cookie sheet. Put a couple of tablespoons of beans onto one edge of the tortilla and roll up. Place seam side down on a tray. Repeat until all of the bean mixture is gone.8-10 Corn Tortillas
- Preheat air fryer to 425* F. Place as many taquitos as will fit in a single layer into the air fryer.
- Brush the taquitos with canola oil.1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- Air fry for 6-9 minutes or until golden brown. Times will vary with brand. Repeat until all taquitos are done. See note.
- Serve with hot sauce, salsa and guac for dipping.
Let mw know how this recipe works for you and if there is anything you'd like to see me make next!