This Vegan Parsley Scallion Pesto Recipe is ready in about 10 minutes right in your food processor! Its delicious on sandwiches, pizza, pasta and more.Jump to Recipe
This Vegan Scallion Parsley Pesto is quick and delicious. It comes together right in your food processor in about 10 minutes and packs in SO much flavor. Use it on pizza, pasta or sandwiches for an instant flavor boost.
Scallions: Use a whole bunch of scallions here. But just the light green and green tops. The white parts are a bit too pungent here so save them for another recipe.
Parsley: Flat leaf parsley adds a light and bright flavor that complements the scallion really nicely.
Garlic: Can't have pesto without garlic!
Lemon Zest and Juice: To add brightness to the pesto
Nutritional Yeast: For a cheesy flavor.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Be sure to use a good quality extra virgin olive oil, here.
This recipe for Vegan Parsley Scallion Pesto is SO easy. Heres how to make it.
First, add the hempseeds, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic and lemon zest in the bowl of a food processor.
Now, season with a big pinch of salt and pepper and pulse until combined.
Then, add the scallion and parsley and pulse until the herbs are well chopped.
Next, turn the food processor on high and slowly stream in the olive oil.
Finally, allow the food processor to run until the pesto reaches your desired smoothness.
You will need a food processor for this recipe. I have this one by Kitchen Aid.
But this recipe will fit in a mini food processor like this 4 cup version by Cuisinart.
I like to put this Vegan Parsley and Scallion Pesto on:
On toast with hummus
And so much more! This stuff is good on everything.
If you need basil in your pesto, swap the parsley for basil!
If you like a runnier pesto, add up to 3 tablespoons more olive oil.
To store this Vegan Parsley Scallion Pesto, transfer to an airtight container and store at it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
I don't recommend freezing this recipe.
Looking for More Italian Recipes?
Homemade Marinara by Simple Veganista
Vegan Parsley Scallion Pesto
- 1 Food Processor
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Chefs Knife
- 1 Rubber Spatula
- ¼ Cup Hemp Seeds Or pinenuts
- 2 ½ tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Large Garlic Clove
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Bunch Scallions, light green and green parts only, roughly chopped This should be about 1 ½ cups
- 1 ½ Cups Parsley Leaves, lightly packed
- ⅓ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Combine hempseeds, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, a garlic clove, the lemon zest and salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until well combined.¼ Cup Hemp Seeds, 2 ½ tablespoon Lemon Juice, 2 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast, 1 Large Garlic Clove, Zest of ½ a lemon, Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Into the food processor add the scallion and parsley. Pulse until well chopped.1 Bunch Scallions, light green and green parts only, roughly chopped, 1 ½ Cups Parsley Leaves, lightly packed
- Turn the food processor on high and slowly stream in the olive oil.⅓ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Continue processing until the pesto is as smooth as you like it.
- Serve on pasta or on a sandwich!