This Vegan White Bean Dip with Rosemary is quick and easy to make and is full is Italian flavors. Its great as a sandwich spread or as a dip for veggies and pita. Best of all, this recipe only requires 15 minutes to make!
Dips and spreads are so important! A quick and easy spread like Vegan Avocado Crema makes tacos even more delicious. And dips like Cucumber Pico de Gallo or Avocado Pico de Gallo make the most simple appetizer with chips or pita. And the recipe I'm sharing today can do both!
This Vegan White Bean Dip with Rosemary is quick, easy and flavorful. Fresh garlic, herbs and olive oil come together to make a white bean spread that versatile and is full of Italian flavors. It makes a great appetizer, toast topping or sandwich spread. I also love to top it with roasted veggies to make it a meal!
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Use the good stuff here because the flavor really comes through.
Fresh Herbs: A mix of rosemary, oregano and thyme make this vegan white bean dip super herbaceous and flavorful.
Garlic: A big clove of fresh garlic adds tons of flavor to this white bean spread.
Lemon Juice: For a bit of acidity.
Swap out the herbs for whatever you have on hand.
Sage, marjoram, chives and savory would all be great in this vegan white bean dip.
I don't recommend mint or cilantro here, though.
Top the finished dip with Vegan Parsley Scallion Pesto for even more herb flavor!
You need a food processor for this Vegan Tuscan White Bean Dip recipe.
But, this recipe will also fit in a small food processor like this one which is more affordable.
Step 1. Chop the herbs and measure them after they have been chopped.
Step 2. Drain and rinse the white beans and add them to the bowl of a food processor.
Step 3. Add the lemon juice, garlic and herbs to the food processor. Turn it on high and drizzle the olive oil in while its running.
Step 4. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water as needed to reach your desired consistency.
Scoop the spread into an airtight container and store in your refrigerator for up to 5 days. I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
No! Dried herbs will not taste the same. You can use just the fresh rosemary though and leave the oregano and thyme out.
Expert Tips and Tricks
Olive oil is one of the main flavor components in the Vegan Italian White Bean Dip. So, use a high-quality, flavorful extra virgin olive oil here.
Do not substitute dried herbs here. They don't taste the same and dried rosemary tends to be really tough.
This Vegan Italian White Bean Dip with Rosemary is delicious in so many ways!
- Use it as a spread for a sandwich.
- Serve with veggies and pita as a quick and easy appetizer.
- Top toast with it and add cherry tomatoes for a snack.
- Serve it with a Vegan Garlic Butter Cauliflower Steak on top as a meal.
Looking for More Vegan Dips and Spreads?
If you tried this Vegan Leek Risotto recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Vegan White Bean Dip with Rosemary
- 1 Food Processor
- 1 Mesh Strainer
- 1 Spatula
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 1 15 oz Can of White Beans, drained and rinsed navy or great northern beans are best
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Large Clove of Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Finely Chopped Fresh Rosemary see note
- 1 teaspoon Finely Chopped Oregano see note
- 1 teaspoon Finely Chopped Fresh Thyme
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-2 tablespoon Water
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- In the bowl of a food processor, add white beans, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, oregano and thyme. Blend on high for about 1 minute, stopping a couple of times to scrape the sides of the bowl down.1 15 oz Can of White Beans, drained and rinsed, 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice, 1 Large Clove of Garlic, 1 teaspoon Finely Chopped Fresh Rosemary, 1 teaspoon Finely Chopped Oregano, 1 teaspoon Finely Chopped Fresh Thyme
- With the food processor on low, stream in the olive oil. Stop and scrape down the bowl again.¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper and blend once more, streaming one to two tablespoons of water to reach your desired consistency.1-2 tablespoon Water, Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Let me know how you liked this recipe and if there is anything you'd like to see me make a recipe for!